Pronghorn bumper’s?

ZONE ZERO

Anyone have any insider info on WTH happened to Pronghorn bumpers?
they still have an active web site, but the phone number is in Spanish they don’t reply to emails and there’s no information around the web if they have folded.

billiebob

post a link

Looks like they have many USA Dealers

my mind went here
s-l1600.jpeg

Last edited:

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I can’t imagine they’d still be in business with their pricing. That being said there’s a ton of overpriced products out there that sell well to people looking to buy an image who have more money than sense. I haven’t seen any pronghorn products in the real world though and I’d think they’d show up here and there if they’re in business.

Yuke

Adventurer
I had lots of conversations with the owner when they first teased the rear bumper. I was so excited for it. That never came out and I don’t think they are in business anymore based on the the lack of response. They haven’t posted on Instagram since 2019 as well.

BradS

The only one that I ever saw in the wild was Chris Shontz's (venture4wd) Youtube adventures. I believe one of his sponsors supplied it to him originally. When he opted for a winch, he swapped back to the stock bumper a couple years ago. I always liked the look and utility of them, but that price! Not surprising that they faded into obscurity.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
The only one that I ever saw in the wild was Chris Shontz's (venture4wd) Youtube adventures. I believe one of his sponsors supplied it to him originally. When he opted for a winch, he swapped back to the stock bumper a couple years ago. I always liked the look and utility of them, but that price! Not surprising that they faded into obscurity.

Ditto. His is the only one I've seen. I like the look of it and the modularity but it was WAY overpriced. Also, although nothing was said on his show about it during the swap back to the stock bumper, I was kind of surprised they didn't just give it to him afterward.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Ditto. His is the only one I've seen. I like the look of it and the modularity but it was WAY overpriced. Also, although nothing was said on his show about it during the swap back to the stock bumper, I was kind of surprised they didn't just give it to him afterward.
It was probably donated to test because it was just sitting around in the way at ok4wd. It was probably out on the floor for a while and no one had any interest in it due to the cost. If something isn’t selling the business will replace it with something that is. I’m sure once it got back to ok, it was probably given to an employee at a tall discount or written off completely and thrown in the dumpster. Boy there’s a lot of probably in there!

ccperkdog

One issue I saw was you could not mount a winch directly to the top, you needed their proprietary winch box, which was limited to specific models of winches. Chris switched back when he added a winch, and he also went back to the original stock bumper as a weight consideration. At least that is what I got from the video.

Unfortunate about Pronghorn. Not enough Aluminum bumper options out there. All are costly. Their modular rear bumper with swing outs looked cool too but never appears to have made it to production.

There is another old build thread in the Jeep section of the forum here that has a Pronghorn bumper featured and a good review.

ZONE ZERO

so weird my post notification are not working,
it’s a bummer they aren’t doing anything I really wanted to grab on of their rear tire carrier/bumpers. it still states 8-10 weeks for a bumper . I wonder why they bother keeping the site up. Hum maybe I’ll have to have what I want built. or buy an ARB or AEV Set up.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
Hum maybe I’ll have to have what I want built. or buy an ARB or AEV Set up.
I've done three of the AEV setups on my JK's and they're pretty nice. My former Jeep got the bumper and tire carrier, my current Jeep has the same setup and my wife's Jeep has just the tire carrier. Being able to open the tire carrier with the tailgate is worth every penny! She had the AEV gas tank as well but neither of us liked how much vision it blocked. I ended up putting an LRA tank under mine which was a lot more money but it's much nicer. The only experience I have with the ARB is a front bull bar and it was too heavy for a JK IMO.

ZONE ZERO

I've done three of the AEV setups on my JK's and they're pretty nice. My former Jeep got the bumper and tire carrier, my current Jeep has the same setup and my wife's Jeep has just the tire carrier. Being able to open the tire carrier with the tailgate is worth every penny! She had the AEV gas tank as well but neither of us liked how much vision it blocked. I ended up putting an LRA tank under mine which was a lot more money but it's much nicer. The only experience I have with the ARB is a front bull bar and it was too heavy for a JK IMO.

i have theARB bumper with a 12k winch 9 inch arb lights and I installed it myself I think it’s around 120-150 lbs total .
where did you get the long range tank? how do you fill and monitor it?

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
i have theARB bumper with a 12k winch 9 inch arb lights and I installed it myself I think it’s around 120-150 lbs total .
where did you get the long range tank? how do you fill and monitor it?
I actually bought it second hand by a member on here, 84-4runner in the classifieds. I went out on a limb as he was 1200 miles away but he's a straight shooter! I had a friends wife's friend pick it up for me and then it was brought up north by her. Friends of friends are good to have! The tank is available new from Long Range America in Boise though and it fills at the same time as the OEM tank. They supply a new filler neck and piping that has a T in it. The aux tank mounts on the opposite side of the drive line from the original tank and there's a transfer pump to move fuel from the new tank to the primary tank. They include a switch/gauge that controls and monitors the new tank. It's a great setup overall but it is a tedious installation with a couple quirks and their wiring instructions leave a little to be desired (I'm a professional electrician and pretty picky though). It was definitely a big ticket item for me but I have to giggle every time I push the button at a quarter tank and it puts me back to full while I'm driving down the road!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz