Propane conundrum

dcoffman83

I am looking for a two burner propane stove that I can use my 5lb propane tank with. The caveat, I do NOT want to use the regulator arm that comes with most propane stoves.

Tank>hose(with regulator at the tank)>stove

why is it so hard to find a stove with standard MIP or flare fittings for the gas inlet? Or, just a normal thread pitch to adapt my 3/8” flare from the hose.

Also, I don’t want to spend more than $150

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
I would think you could pick your preferred stove flavor.... then take the arm out and shop around for the particular brass fitting to replace the regulator at the stove for a direct fit... or get a propane hose with no regulator and the right brass fitting to your stove regulator...

dcoffman83

I would think you could pick your preferred stove flavor.... then take the arm out and shop around for the particular brass fitting to replace the regulator at the stove for a direct fit... or get a propane hose with no regulator and the right brass fitting to your stove regulator...
Tried 3 different stoves. All of which are a “Proprietary” thread pitch and size.
The closest I have come to getting something that potentially could work, Is a Eureka ignite stove, the gas inlet is close to a three eights inch compression fitting, however, compression fittings can’t be used for gas, also do you get about one full turn and maybe a half a turn and that sucker is locking up tight (beginning to cross thread)

dcoffman83

Also, I am wanting to get rid of the arm because of space on my pull out drawer system that I built for my truck, at best those arms extend from the right side of the stove a good 6 inches

Graton

The only one I know of is the Camp Chef Mountaineer, but that sells for more than $150. I'd also like to see more stoves that aren't designed for those 1lb canisters that require the regulator arm.

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
Tried 3 different stoves. All of which are a “Proprietary” thread pitch and size.
The closest I have come to getting something that potentially could work, Is a Eureka ignite stove, the gas inlet is close to a three eights inch compression fitting, however, compression fittings can’t be used for gas, also do you get about one full turn and maybe a half a turn and that sucker is locking up tight (beginning to cross thread)
I havent tried it meself, but you might want to look at these...

Coleman two burner stove
1584208960196.png

Quick disconnect
1584208916445.png

dreadlocks

Partner Stoves I see hardwired into alot of setups, I was gonna go that way when I re-do my kitchen slide out because the RV Burners I got now are very low BTU since they are intended for indoor use.. the'll also custom make you any length hose you want, I assume with whatever hookup fitting you desire.

Photobug

I carry a larger propane tank with me for years but took it out. You can refill the one pound tanks from a larger tank at home. I get a week of cooking out of one can. No need to carry a bulky tank around. You can get adapters to attach a larger tank to anything using the one lb tanks if need be.

dreadlocks

yeah I thought the same, refilling 1# just results in leaky LP cans and rusty threads, disposables wont last long.. if ur lucky you can reuse a can once before its garbage and valve sticks and leaks unless you attach a burner valve or something that seals it off correctly, or you can pay like >$60 for a non disposable 1lb with a real valve built in and nice brass threads but at that point u can get a big cans and refill em for less.

it dont take much LP need, for heating/cooking/lighting/firebans and 1lbers are entirely unreasonable cost wise even trying to refill the damned things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94