Propex HS 2000 Used - $560

camper101

Observer
Bought in 2013 or 2014 and used until late 2016. Ultimately, we decided to go with the bigger HS 2800 for winter camping at elevation.

It works. It occasionally takes multiple clicks to ignite, and maybe 2-3 times ever I've had to reset (by cycling the thermostat/power) when it thought there was a propane fault, but we've never been left without heat. I've also had to reset if my battery got low, but that has nothing to do with the heater. One of the blowers was replaced by Karl at Westy Ventures in 2015, and he might be able to tell you more about that.

Please read Karl's installation instructions at Westy Ventures for important installation details. You may need adapters, and you'll want to know what you're getting into. After installing my second one, it's not that hard, but it all depends on how you want it to fit.

Included is everything in the gallery pictures at WTW (as well as the drilling template):

The heater
Supply and exhaust tubing (for combustion). The exhaust tubing is currently longer than the factory length.
A short length of ducting (for heated air and/or cold air return)
Thermostat
Extra-long thermostat wire (which has been extended by me with butt connectors)
Power supply wire
2 grilles
Some extra supply and exhaust tubing
Some extra thermostat wire

Cost includes ground shipping to the lower 48 (assuming it's less than $30). If you're in Western CO, we can talk about a pickup.

Thanks for looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior