Purchased an Expedition G Wagen

Poohbah

G-Ronimo has appeared to me as in a vision...actually in my parking lot. OMG! I felt like an orange 5 gallon bucket in his presence! William McBride, you now ride above mortal men. Please more photos for the people!

McBride

Adventurer
G-Ronimo has appeared to me as in a vision...actually in my parking lot. OMG! I felt like an orange 5 gallon bucket in his presence! William McBride, you now ride above mortal men. Please more photos for the people!

That's hilarious - orange bucket! I have to admit that I'm a bit embarrassed by how clean the camper is at the moment - all shiny and stuff. I only wash it when it goes in for work or when it gets salted - Marc doesn't like it when salty dirt clods fall in to his eyes.

I'll snap some more photos tomorrow and then its into the woods for some trials. Forecast is for some rain on Sunday and Monday so that should be fun.

Any particular angles or details I should photo? Maybe one next to the G-500 for scale.

Poohbah

Perhaps a photo with the lovely and long suffering Ms. McBride, who, given her petite nature, might not be able to jump high enough to get behind the wheel. Maybe if she stood on a orange bucket....

burquedoka

Adventurer
I'm thinking automatic drop-down Orange bucket step might be in the future? We need a side by side pic with the Unimog and the stock G500 for sure.

Poohbah

McBride has nothing that is stock. His G500 is ORC lifted, but it will still look like a small child next to G-Ronimo.

McBride

Adventurer
That's hilarious! You guys are nuts. I'm going to be dreaming of orange buckets. Maybe a custom orange bucket holder.

An introduction is in order. Poobah, meet Burkedoka. Burkedoka, meet Poobah. Poobah has a sweet Europa SWB G500 and is a neighbor of mine. He is also keeping his eyes peeled for a good deal on a 4 door G. Burkedoka has a sweet Expedition Unimog build going on as well as a 2000 Europa G500 that is Expo'd out and has done some serious backcountry travel during its lifetime. We'll all get together sometime.

As per Poobah's request here are a few fresh pics.field pic 1.jpgfield pic 2.jpgfield pic 3.jpgfield pic 4.jpgfield pic 5.jpgfield pic 6.jpg

McBride

Adventurer
shakedown cruise

Thanks for the nice compliments guys. I just returned from an 8 day shakedown cruise. Mechanically it was uneventful, thank goodness and thank my mechanic.

I'm heavy into work at the moment so I'll just post some pics. I'll give performance details when I get time. Basically it is awesome. The KO2's are far above and beyond the original KO's and MT's.

One key point is that I didn't have time to install the wider fender flares prior to my departure. Up until day 8 I was wondering if I needed them and then I hit some serious mud; the flares are going on.ER and G.jpgER side view.jpgG and ER.jpgmuddy hutchinson.jpgLonghorn.jpgLast day mud.jpgDay 8.jpg .

Attachments

• Jemez crossing.jpg
    Jemez crossing.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 55
  • GT and G.jpg
    GT and G.jpg
    527.3 KB · Views: 56

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles