Purchased an Expedition G Wagen

McBride

Adventurer
Old La Bajada

I took the camper out for a few hours of exercise this weekend - doing route recon for a late summer NM G-Treffen.

I drove the Old La Bajada road. It was doable although it will lift a few wheels.

Here are some pics of one of the many switchbacks and of the overlook.
LB switchback.jpgLB tool carrier.jpg

Attachments

• LB back.jpg
    LB back.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 524

McBride

Adventurer
290 GDT Acceleration video

I got a GoPro for X-mas and just used it for the first time. For those interested, this first video is about the acceleration of the camper.

Its kind of dumb.

The engine is a 290 GDT (602.983), 4 speed auto, Tibus Portals, ORC blue springs, Koni Raid shocks, 35" tires on Hutchinson beadlocks. It weighs in at just under 7000#.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWC7aHxXp8k

CLMorgan

Observer
Acceleration seems fine, handing & braking far better than G's I drove 20+ years ago... great little camper you have.

Poohbah

As one who has been on that road, I can only say that at 55-60 mph...you have lost your mind. I would not attempt that at 45 in my F-250. It gravel dude...marbles...slow down and preserve that wonderful beast!

McBride

Adventurer
As one who has been on that road, I can only say that at 55-60 mph...you have lost your mind. I would not attempt that at 45 in my F-250. It gravel dude...marbles...slow down and preserve that wonderful beast!

I know. I should have included a disclaimer - do not try this at home... But it was a closed course! I have to say that it is astonishing to me in regards to the speeds that the camper can stick to dirt roads. Significantly faster than any other vehicle I've ever driven - by 20mph at least. I got close to the limits but backed off as needed. The suspension/tire/weight distribution combo is excellent.

Sleam

Explorer
I wish I'd driven down your road that day! It would've confused the hell out of me to see the buckets...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94