Quad Cab DuraMax build

ericvs

hahaha, awesome. I picked up a camper shell for $100 bucks as well. (my friend with a canopy was quite distraught considering he paid $1600 for his, ouch.) Mine is a dark gray and I think it looks good on the truck. I am not going to repaint it. I sort of think that matching camper shells look too much like the truck is trying to be a SUV. Although, white camper shells kind of look like an ice chest, so if your choice is white or matching, I would choose matching. Lets see some updated pics.

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
Loving the camper top.:victory: Took the truck to the mountains this weekend to do some camping and it did awesome! When we drove in it was raining and muddy. We drove down the fire road to the site and it was not too bad but when we got to the last part of the trail it was soupy, sloppy, and rutted.... I put it in 4 wheel low and chugged through the trail with out missing a beat. Rained hard that night and I was dry and happy in my topper while all my friends were running around strapping down their tents I was having a beer.:sombrero:

014-3.jpg

013-4.jpg

012-7.jpg

011-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

047.jpg

035-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

016-2.jpg

039-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

Last edited:

ericvs

hahaa, dude, our trucks are like brothers. I was always unsure about a canopy top because I thought it would make it look like a SUV, but after getting and installing mine, I can't believe that I waited this long. I actually just installed a Yakima rack and got a Packasport cargo box for the top so there is less stuff to move when bed time comes.

Truck is looking good. What is the next step?

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
Next step is a 1-2in lift and a good set of 285's. Some kind of storage system, I would also like a snowboard rack.

036.jpg

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
Replaced both front wheel barrings and the ideler/pitment arms... Drives like a caddy!

$1800 in parts and labor. I have now paid for my warranty. lol

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Looks good with the H2 rims are you going to use the original center caps?

I changed to my winter wheels 235-85-16 BFG commercial traction on factory GM steel rims.
I like them so far, no snow in Pittsburgh yet but they hook up like a tractor in the mud.

Attachments

• DSC05942.JPG
    DSC05942.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 78

bob91yj

Resident **************
I'd get a Cognito steering correction kit for it soon. It puts the Pitman arm and Idler arm in double shear, keeps them from wearing out so fast.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
^^What he said.

I picked up my H2's and will be doing tires in a few months, but right now, I am gathering parts and the tires will probably be the last thing.

Truck is looking good.

Jack

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
I just replaced the ideler arm and the pitman arm along with the both front wheel bearings under warranty. I have a 36k mile warranty so I have to wait to add after market parts. The h2 wheels are gm stock so they wont bust my bawz about after market rims. Over the next three years I am going to gather a parts pile for when my warranty expires. But I have to say there is not too much more I need. Plans are Steering reinforcement, Cab lights, CB, shocks... I am loving this truck

Last edited:

BillTex

Adventurer
Welcome to D-Max heaven!

Curious; is that a Winchester?

I think I have the same shotgun...

You have good taste in truck and guns!

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member