Quality 12V Kettle

eg23

I’m hoping you all could share your experiences with 12v kettles.
I looking for a 1L 12v kettle that can boil up some water in a reasonable amount of time.

Doing a search on Amazon, a large amount of what they offer will take 30-45 minutes to bring that water to a boil.
I’m looking for something a fair bit faster.
Does this type of 12v kettle exist?

Any kettle suggestions and thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Electric kettles, like any appliance that makes heat is gonna use a lot of power.

What kind of battery bank do you have?

Reactions: plh

RDinNHand AZ

I ended up with a smaller 16 oz one that heated water to 170º in 10 minutes. Cheep china product though it worked well. The cord got warm. I did not find what you are looking for. I had 215 A-h of battery fed by 200 W of solar. It used about 10 A-h IIRC

eg23

I have a Bluetti and an EcoFlow. I feel I have enough power and I would also look at running the kettle off the my truck with it running.
Really I’m looking for an easier / simpler solution to boil water for tea or noodles without having to pull out the stove.

At the end of the day, I’m looking to hit the easy button on water boiling.

Thanks so much!

emulous74

I would think with your rig running that the Bluetti and EcoFlow would still loose a lot of power and only slowly charge them back up through 12v sockets on the rig. I think you would have the quickest heat up time and little setup with something like a Jet Boil or the like. Heating water through 12v is a really inefficient way to boil water IMO.

alia176

Explorer
I have a Bluetti and an EcoFlow. I feel I have enough power and I would also look at running the kettle off the my truck with it running.
Really I’m looking for an easier / simpler solution to boil water for tea or noodles without having to pull out the stove.

Thanks so much!

A product like a JetBoil is about as easy as it gets. I know the OP is looking for an electric 12v kettle but cooking/heating with fuel is much faster and efficient than anything electric.

Using an inverter to boil water is extreme but if your camper is setup for all electric, I can totally see that. But, if you're doing all this in a vehicle or off the rear tailgate, the inverter concept is redonk.

I can make coffee in no time flat with a JetBoil and the nesting feature is really sweet and space saving.

eg23

A product like a JetBoil is about as easy as it gets. I know the OP is looking for an electric 12v kettle but cooking/heating with fuel is much faster and efficient than anything electric.

Using an inverter to boil water is extreme but if your camper is setup for all electric, I can totally see that. But, if you're doing all this in a vehicle or off the rear tailgate, the inverter concept is redonk.

I can make coffee in no time flat with a JetBoil and the nesting feature is really sweet and space saving.

Thanks for your input.
The more I’m looking into the more I’m realizing you are very correct.
Looks like I may be sticking with a stove to boil the water.
So much for the easy button. Lol
Thanks all for your input!
It is much appreciated!

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Ok, I was kinda right but kinda wrong. Just made some pre bed tea and filled it to 1 Liter and it took just under 5 mins to fully boil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.

Thanks so much!
If you’ve already got a couple power packs with the built in inverters then I would use a 120v kettle to heat your water.
You still wouldn’t have any way to boil water off of 12v but I’m not sure there’s a good solution there.

eg23

If you’ve already got a couple power packs with the built in inverters then I would use a 120v kettle to heat your water.
You still wouldn’t have any way to boil water off of 12v but I’m not sure there’s a good solution there.

I agree. I think 12v is out and I’ll have to stick with a 120v kettle or just pulling out the stove and boiling some water with that.

Thank you

smbisig

Adventurer
Just made myself an afternoon coffee so I decided to time the heating process for the heck of it.

This is the kettle I have and use at home and in the Jeep - https://amzn.to/40w7QVt

Filled to the max line of the kettle with cold tap water to boil was 4:17. If I am thinking about it later, I will heat the same amount of water in my MSR Windburner which lives in the Jeep. The MSR Windburner hasn't been used since I got the kettle, but still comes with me along with some backpacker's food as a backup food source.

Attachments

• IMG_FBE44EA9364D-1.jpeg
    IMG_FBE44EA9364D-1.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 8

alia176

Explorer
Thanks for your input.
The more I’m looking into the more I’m realizing you are very correct.
Looks like I may be sticking with a stove to boil the water.
So much for the easy button. Lol
Thanks all for your input!
It is much appreciated!

No problem, glad I can help you sort this out.

My coffee addiction isn't simple but I use the Jetboil to boil water for espresso. I also use the Jetboil to boil water in a Belman stove top steamer for frothing the milk. Making cappucinno takes way more effort (bean grinding, pulling shots, etc) and equipment but it's worth it to me, prolly not worth it for most folks :unsure:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94