Questions about Frontier

saint urho

I love those first gen CC frontiers.... Based on appearance only, no real experience. Expedition travel v daily driver v crawler build... I'd take a good look at one because I kind of like not having the same thing as everyone else.

Is fuel economy really going to be the deciding factor? Is re-gearing going to be a challenge, you'll be in the diffs anyway adding air lockers? I've been a little jealous of the first gen xterras I wheel with, they seem more utilitarian then my 2nd gen. Check out some of the Nissan first gen forums. Boulder Nissan has a really nice first gen that they brought out to GONEmoab a couple of times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

broncobowsher

Adventurer
If you want the best of both worlds, you can get a lever shifted transfer case in the second gen stuff. Atlas makes an aftermarket transfer case with ratios of your choice that fits. Instructions even instruct on how to get around the electronics to keep them happy.

parajeeper

Thanks ALL for the info.
Looks like I'm going with a 2008 LE Crew Cab 113,000 miles 16K
Bilstein 5100 B8 ride height adjustable shocks up front
blocks in rear under leafs
2" body lift installed for a total of around 4" of lift
almost new 33" Kenda Klever M/T tires on 16" pro 4x wheels painted black with bed liner
Even has a moon roof and heated leather seats (wife drools on this)

bigskypylot

Explorer
If you want the best of both worlds, you can get a lever shifted transfer case in the second gen stuff. Atlas makes an aftermarket transfer case with ratios of your choice that fits. Instructions even instruct on how to get around the electronics to keep them happy.

Just give them lots of $$$$ first lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz