R50 Pathfinder Audio question: before I order from Crutchfield...

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
For those familiar with the R50 Pathy and/or 1st gen Frontier, an audio question:
My '02 has the nice Bose system with the 6 CD changer, cassette deck and AM/FM. For it's time (2002) it was probably a "top of the line" system and I like the way it looks on the dash.
But of course, like most of us here, I now have my music on my iPhone/iPod, and my '02 stereo does not have an aux input.
So here's my question: Were there ever any factory head units for the R50 that had an aux input? I know that MP3 players didn't really start catching on until 2004 - 2005 or so and this was at the very end of the R50 Pathy's run, but I thought that maybe there might have been an optional system on either the R50 or maybe on the QX4 that had an aux input?
The reason I'm asking is that I really need to be able to use my iPhone for music, but I just don't like the way most of the modern aftermarket head units look. They're not bad, necessarily, but IMO they have a really generic "1980's" look to them that I don't like. I'm thinking that if I could find a factory unit that already had the aux input, not only would it look better, but it should literally be a "plug and play" instead of having to have adapters, sleeves, new wiring harnesses, etc.
So does anyone know if such a head unit ever existed? And what about the 1st gen Frontier, did it have the same head unit as the Pathfinder? If so, was there ever a Frontier that had the aux input from the factory? Ditto for the 1st gen Xterra.
Thanks in advance. :ylsmoke:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
There are companies that make aux input add on devices for factory radios using the cd changer input

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O..._FMwebp_QL65&keywords=2002+nissan+aux+adapter

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Hmmm...looks like it won't work with mine (probably because my CD changer is integral to the head unit - I'm guessing that's for the vehicles that have a separate CD changer.) Also the cost is the same as a new Crutchfield double DIN unit would be anyway.
Oh well, no biggie. Just wanted to make sure before I order a new one. Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior