Ram and Ford HD owners.....enter here.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
all I'm going to say is, look for a new Power Wagon competitor on June 27th

I didn't think it would be coming until next year, maybe it's just being announced this month? I was planning on holding off until the fall at the earliest as it is because I wanted to see the new 2020 facelift Superduty. If I can see the Highboy and what all it will entail here in a few weeks and it's what I hope it is then I will probably be able to talk myself into waiting for it to hit dealers lots.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I hear ya, ever since getting this 450L my wallet can't keep money in it.

As far as a new truck goes I am still going to hold out and keep the 4Runner until at least 2022, maybe longer. An the Ford 7.3 gas XL is the front runner for a 4 replacement at this point in time.

Yea I have been putting all of my free time and focus back into riding. That will all slow down here in a few weeks when it becomes far too hot to ride locally. I'll be adding a two-stroke later this year so it doesn't look like the hemorrhaging will end in that department anytime soon lol. Congrats on the new 450L btw, you're gonna love it.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Im running my 450C VIAIR & tank alongside the passenger side frame, tucked up behind the running boards with a remote filtered intake.

Rubber isolated mounts, custom cradle, & plumbed to a 3 gallon tank with a 90/110 pressure switch.
Even with a gas engine, you can barely hear the thing running.

47209779462_f106660a84_b.jpg

Adventurous

Explorer
Im running my 450C VIAIR & tank alongside the passenger side frame, tucked up behind the running boards with a remote filtered intake.

Rubber isolated mounts, custom cradle, & plumbed to a 3 gallon tank with a 90/110 pressure switch.
Even with a gas engine, you can barely hear the thing running.

47209779462_f106660a84_b.jpg

How do you like that Viair? I'm in the market for OBA, and the 450C is an attractive option. I'll only be filling tires, so I probably dont need the CFM of the ARB twin, nor do i like the price of the ARB as much either.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Hasnt been run much, but seems real nice. Still need to fab an aluminum rock guard for it.

Isnt the fastest (by a long shot) but it does have a 100% duty cycle, so in theory it should never melt down :sneaky:

How do you like that Viair? I'm in the market for OBA, and the 450C is an attractive option. I'll only be filling tires, so I probably dont need the CFM of the ARB twin, nor do i like the price of the ARB as much either.

Ive had viars and they are great quality compressors, that when maintained, should last longer than ill ever own a truck. But, even the 100% duty cycle ones will take a beating if you offroad often. If your airing up and down every weekend and running the compressor for 10-15 minutes a couple times a week, who knows.

Even if it is just tires, speed is a premium today for sure, but the ease of a quick air up is gold. Your truck is also sitting in idle.
The ARB twin is ridiculous and is totally worth the money. The Kit itself has what i would call Software built in. Pressure switches and Locker harnesses(i used for air release swaybar)
The ARB has never been as hot as any of the Viars i have had, including my dual setup in my old JKU with 4 corner air chucks520726520725520729

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
The newer diesels need to be driven hard as they are designed. The emission components need to heat up sufficiently to clear the soot.
A few weeks ago I spoke to a guy with a 2018 Ram 3500 6.7. He shoes horses for a living and tows a shop on wheels behind him. The truck had close to 200K on it already and purred. You have to work the newer ones.

Explorerinil

Observer
The newer diesels need to be driven hard as they are designed. The emission components need to heat up sufficiently to clear the soot.
A few weeks ago I spoke to a guy with a 2018 Ram 3500 6.7. He shoes horses for a living and tows a shop on wheels behind him. The truck had close to 200K on it already and purred. You have to work the newer ones.
Yup your right! I Daly drive mine, all highway miles and tow trailers, it runs great. If I just did stop and go or barely drove it, I would have a gasser.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Yup your right! I Daly drive mine, all highway miles and tow trailers, it runs great. If I just did stop and go or barely drove it, I would have a gasser.
Yeah,you bet. Probably a Tradesman too. Way too much glitter with the other models. I built one the other day and it was still $45K+. Ouch.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Who orders a Dodge?

At the end of the year Ford has $6000 rebates on dealer lot trucks, Dodge has double that. Cummins for the cost of a gas Ford is the real reason those trucks attract C sticker fanatics. If you're into Dodges, ignore internet pricing.

There's always a nice XL or Tradesman left, yuppies go after the blingy models first.

js9234

Observer
That's exactly why I just bought another Ram Tradesman. I'm not brand loyal. I'm cheap. Ram has the best bang for the buck. My 2014 Ram 3500 went 120K with no issues and I beat the hell out of it offroad and pulled my travel trailer alot. Hope my 2018 2500 I bought last week does the same. I looked at Ford but they couldn't even come close to the same price.
Who orders a Dodge?

At the end of the year Ford has $6000 rebates on dealer lot trucks, Dodge has double that. Cummins for the cost of a gas Ford is the real reason those trucks attract C sticker fanatics. If you're into Dodges, ignore internet pricing.

There's always a nice XL or Tradesman left, yuppies go after the blingy models first.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Ive had viars and they are great quality compressors, that when maintained, should last longer than ill ever own a truck. But, even the 100% duty cycle ones will take a beating if you offroad often. If your airing up and down every weekend and running the compressor for 10-15 minutes a couple times a week, who knows.

Even if it is just tires, speed is a premium today for sure, but the ease of a quick air up is gold. Your truck is also sitting in idle.
The ARB twin is ridiculous and is totally worth the money. The Kit itself has what i would call Software built in. Pressure switches and Locker harnesses(i used for air release swaybar)
The ARB has never been as hot as any of the Viars i have had, including my dual setup in my old JKU with 4 corner air chucksView attachment 520726View attachment 520725View attachment 520729
What maintenance is required for the Viair? Mine's going on about 18 years now with mild usage.
Who orders a Dodge?

I special ordered mine after finding that there were zero manuals in all the Southwest. Ordered through Dave Smith in Idaho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles