Ram and Ford HD owners.....enter here.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
I’m still waiting...

The Tremor Package is a nice off-road Package, but it’s no Power Wagon.

having seen it in person at Ford's launch event in Detroit last week, i can whole heartily disagree. The PW is an analog platform, the Tremor is a digital, both with the same end goal, and both equally capable. The only thing the PW has over the Tremor in performance is the disconnecting front sway bar, which the Tremor makes up for with a longer travel rear suspension.

Oilbrnr

having seen it in person at Ford's launch event in Detroit last week, i can whole heartily disagree. The PW is an analog platform, the Tremor is a digital, both with the same end goal, and both equally capable. The only thing the PW has over the Tremor in performance is the disconnecting front sway bar, which the Tremor makes up for with a longer travel rear suspension.

Isn't the RTI a fair amount less than the PW? Someone on this thread mentioned that the WB of the Tremor being 10" longer than the PW, so maybe that is a contributing factor. (Don't care enough to look. ;-)

Also, not saying it isn't so, but I can't recall a leaf sprung truck articulating better than a coil multilink...

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Extremely rare.

And I'll put the SD flex up against the PW any day. Just let me add the necessary weight to the bed. Any big truck can flex on half ton springs, the PW isn't doing anything special there. Doesn't really matter. Deaver, Carli, and BDS have all the suspension options you could ever want.

attachment.php

And that's leaf springs front and rear.

7e1222f31789deb98f5e66924a7585f8.jpg

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer

I’m not saying the Tremor won’t be a cool truck. It’s just not a direct competitor to the Power Wagon. The Power Wagon is essentially a Jeep Rubicon on a HD Truck Frame. Front/Rear Lockers, Disconnecting Electronic Sway Bar, and a 12,000lb winch mounted behind the bumper with a suspension setup for better articulation.

The Tremor is a true HD truck with some upgraded off road goodies, but I think it lacks the skid plates the Power Wagon has. I think it has huge potential, but I don’t think calling it a direct competitor to the Power Wagon is the right way to go.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I don't think Ford wanted to make a complete Powerwagon. The Raptor has a front LSD as well, so somebody has been asking for them. And I don't want to haul a camper with a PW.

I'm thinking, that I'm leaning more towards 5 link, vs radius arms. The 5 link has a drop bracket, kinda, that keeps the arms more level:
ford-f-250-super-dut-8_800x0w.jpg

Not really concerned about the PW's hardly any better skid plates. If you rest your trucks weight on the fuel tank, it'll fail, all the same. The key difference? The Ford has the GVWR allowance for some real skidplates. The PW has not.

Last edited:

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
It's not exactly a hard part to self fab:
2013_ultimate_adventure_ford_super_duty-31.gif

They're pretty much just flat steel panels. Big deal.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
You can show me modded trucks all day if you want. What I’m saying is straight from the factory, the Tremor and the Power Wagon have different goals.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
I’m not saying the Tremor won’t be a cool truck. It’s just not a direct competitor to the Power Wagon. The Power Wagon is essentially a Jeep Rubicon on a HD Truck Frame. Front/Rear Lockers, Disconnecting Electronic Sway Bar, and a 12,000lb winch mounted behind the bumper with a suspension setup for better articulation.

The Tremor is a true HD truck with some upgraded off road goodies, but I think it lacks the skid plates the Power Wagon has. I think it has huge potential, but I don’t think calling it a direct competitor to the Power Wagon is the right way to go.

Im well aware of what the power wagon is, i own one.

the Tremor will have an optional Warn winch, they're currently doing crash testing with its cradle. And dont discount the Tremor's front LSD, it paired with the raptors extremely advanced traction control system should make it more capable than an analogue locker setup, and it comes with a rear locker. It is a direct competitor to the PW, whether you want to admit it or not. Is it better than a PW? thats entirely based on your needs because both will have their merits, but either way you cut it - it is a competitor, and a damn good one.

Oilbrnr

At the end of the day, it's going to depend on what FoMoCo is going to charge for this package over the FX4, which is essentially some flexier springs and a front computer aided TrueTrac hybrid Dana axle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior