Rambo Penguin's Gen 3 Build!

zerogspacecow

Another thing i did was shorten my hitch. That stupid thing would drag on everything. I cut 2” out of it, rewelded it and used the removed sections as scab plating. Should be just as strong as before and now it will spend less time dragging all over the trail

jV38Ys9l.jpg

NVpxtZFl.jpg

BwfI0eBl.jpg

vJs8TNUl.jpg

Hey man, I don't know if you're still around, but I wanted to see if you could provide some insight.

I want to modify my hitch similar to how you did. I'm just wondering if you there was enough clearance behind the bumper to go up any more than 2 inches? Obviously I'll need to trim the black plastic beneath the bumper, but I'm wondering if there are any "hard" points behind the bumper that will keep me from raising the entire hitch cross bar by 3-4 inches?

It's hard to test fitment ahead of time, since I won't remove the stock bumper stuff/recovery point things until I do the installation.

MontySquareo

About 6 months ago my plastic bumper got smashed up so i started looking for removable front bumper designs (incase i want to take it off someday) and i found your YouTube videos. Instead of doing a bar across i just sleeved the frame for 2 9/16 bolts (per side) and I'm going to build it out of plate instead of tube steel. But other than that it's gonna be the same shape as yours, complete with the light bar, and someday I might build a grill that isn't so ugly too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior