Range Rover rims on LR4

don

I did a search but couldn't find anything. We recently got a 2012 LR4 which will need new tires.

It has the stock 19's but I was thinking of getting some used OEM wheels, getting them powdercoated and then new tires.

If anyone has info on what other LR wheels fits the LR4 I'd really appreciate it. I'm leaning towards 20" rims and 255/55/20 (31") tires.

Mavriks

don: What do you want the tires for? All season? winter? Off road? You can run 19s or 20s.

Here is a site that shows tire sizes for different size wheels for LR4; I've put in 19" wheels on this link:
https://tiresize.com/tires/Land-Rover/LR4/2012/HSE/

I have a 2013 RRS. I run a 20" set of wheels with summer tires and a 19" set of wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak for winter (below 40. F,) Dec-Mar. Costs $20.00 to swap four at my tire shop; but can do myself.

Thinking of adding another set of wheels for off road.
Please report back on what you decide or for more ?
thanks,
Steven

Reactions: don

don

don: What do you want the tires for? All season? winter? Off road? You can run 19s or 20s.

Here is a site that shows tire sizes for different size wheels for LR4; I've put in 19" wheels on this link:
https://tiresize.com/tires/Land-Rover/LR4/2012/HSE/

I have a 2013 RRS. I run a 20" set of wheels with summer tires and a 19" set of wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak for winter (below 40. F,) Dec-Mar. Costs $20.00 to swap four at my tire shop; but can do myself.

Thinking of adding another set of wheels for off road.
Please report back on what you decide or for more ?
thanks,
Steven

Thanks Steven-

I'm looking for a solid tire for use in the northeast US conditions /rain and snow. Hardly any off road (have a 110 for that :D)

I was thinking a 20" RR wheel and powdercoated a dark color to give it a different look (there are a lot of LR4's in our town). I know it sounds goofy but if I have to get tires anyways and can get used OEM wheels for a good price why not?

I was also thinking of going to 31" tire size but I'm not set in stone on that either.

Thanks for your time :thumbs

Eniam17

Adventurer
I just put 20” l322 wheels on my 16’ LR4. With 285/50 nitto ridge grapplers. I needed a 3/4” spacer to clear the upper control arm and there is slight rubbing full lock at normal height on the frame horn. I mean very very slight so raising it up about 1/2” with IId tool fixed it.

Attachments

• 652CC1D1-C1F1-440F-ADE7-CC49AE92B138.jpeg
    652CC1D1-C1F1-440F-ADE7-CC49AE92B138.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 024614C9-3CD6-40A1-82C8-4A45A2A3B268.jpeg
    024614C9-3CD6-40A1-82C8-4A45A2A3B268.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 64

Jwestpro

Explorer
I just put 20” l322 wheels on my 16’ LR4. With 285/50 nitto ridge grapplers. I needed a 3/4” spacer to clear the upper control arm and there is slight rubbing full lock at normal height on the frame horn. I mean very very slight so raising it up about 1/2” with IId tool fixed it.
you need to physically modify that plastic section. No amount of raising "fixes" it. When you turn while during any articulation, the tire will still grind into the same spot if strut is compressed on that side. Furthermore, riding around in always lifted mode is not worth the simple fix of cutting out or reforming that small plastic area...

When a vehicle IS going to ride around all the time set higher, the whole thing should be realigned as well.... a bit of air "lift" is not what people purport it to be.

Eniam17

Adventurer
Yes I understand. I trimmed the front plastic liner and removed the front lower air dams and it’s pretty much all set. A very minor lift via iid tool and realignment is what I did. I know your opinion on riding around with a lift (and your opinion of using rods which I agree with ). ?

I don’t love this tire size or spacers although the boras are made well IMO. I’ll probably switch to a compo wheel and run a 275/65/18 or similar next summer .

don

@don did you end up running the 255/55/20's? If so, how has it been? No rubbing or anything I assume since its only 31"?

I ended up with 265/50-20 Cooper Discoverer A/T3 4S which look and have performed great.

DM me and I can email you photos of how they look. I would post here but the file sizes are too large.

mtaylo32

Thanks @don I ended up going with 255/55/20 Toyo Open Country A/T 3's then had to immediately take my truck to the LR dealer to get the fuel pump replaced as they discovered a gas leak. I'll let you know how they go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles