Rare Bird indeed!

Turok

Spotted this but am in no way affiliated. I own a Chinook Baja 4X4 and am always interested when one comes up for sale. This one has a salvage title. I spoke to the salesman and he sent me the conversion plate photo attached below. Mine was converted by Quigley. I found this on the Sportsmobile website leading me to believe that Whitefeather grew out of Salem Kroger.
"Whitefeather will be able to do service and repairs to maintain your Salem Kroger conversion. For more information, please contact me at 530-529-3248 ( Red Bulff ) or Jim at 719-227-7436 ( Colorado Springs ) or email us at whitefeather@snowcrest.net " I am curious if Salem Kroger/Whitefeather has the build sheets for this vehicle. Quigley had my build sheets for my Baja.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Reactions: mog

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Salvage title?
Price?
?
looked on their website, and all the vehicles I saw said: “call for price”.

86scotty

Cynic
But that atrocious paint job, what were they thinking?

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

They were thinking it was the late 81, but it was 2001. Most other RV converters had the same problem.

You can still find a newer Chinook, up to 2005 when they quit making them. Finding one of them and going with a more modern 4wd conversion from one of the reputable (modern) converters makes a lot more sense. You get a less gross paint job and all the other benefits. Everything else like bumpers and other add-ons are still readily available for E-series.

These pop up from time to time and what I described above can be achieved for about half the price of what they usually ask for one of these.

86scotty

Cynic
Yep, I've only seen one in my life and it's the @willywalderbeast rig. If I ever see another, at any price, I will buy it.

Most of these Chinook's have too much junk in the trunk for rear entry to be viable anyhow. :sneaky:

P.IVERSON

Yep, I've only seen one in my life and it's the @willywalderbeast rig. If I ever see another, at any price, I will buy it.

Most of these Chinook's have too much junk in the trunk for rear entry to be viable anyhow. :sneaky:

I drive buy this place every day on my way to work. This one is still on the lot and they have a second one there that doesn’t have the ridiculous paint job. Don’t know about the status of the title on the second one. I probably wouldn’t buy from these guys again. We made a bad choice on that lot, to be fair the salesman wasn’t to excited to take our money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94