Recaps, re-treads or what ever you call them for a JKU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihatemybike

Explorer
Based on my own personal experience and what is being said online Treadwright's quality has suffered since the sale and move to Texas. Hopefully the new owners are able to return Treadwright to its previous high quality level.

docwatson

Adventurer
The chance of a new tire blowing out compared to a re cap blowing out is FAR less....again no thanks...keep them to off road rigs and real tires for street driving to keep my family safe...thanks!

A study conducted by the NHTSA would disagree but I am sure you have facts and figures to back up your assertions.

http://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20090202/ISSUE/302029968/new-retreaded-tires-fail-at-same-rates

Just to be clear I am all for differing opinions if they are based in sound reason and facts where possible, not anecdotal evidence or ignorance.

After all who doesn't love a good disagreement.

kayadog

Adventurer
Nothing to do with retreads but if you are looking for inexpensive tires try the upcoming Discount Tire Direct Black Friday sale. There will be a number of new tires for sale for cheaper than retreads. I wait every year for that sale if I need tires.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Nothing to do with retreads but if you are looking for inexpensive tires try the upcoming Discount Tire Direct Black Friday sale. There will be a number of new tires for sale for cheaper than retreads. I wait every year for that sale if I need tires.

exactly, and you will get a much better products than a retread.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I despised my Guard Dogs due to the annoying sound. I would rather drive with 1.2 worn Boggers than ever own a set of those again. Was like an alarm clock and was so bad it had me wanting to sell the truck after less than 10K miles. So glad i got rid of them.

kojackJKU

I despised my Guard Dogs due to the annoying sound. I would rather drive with 1.2 worn Boggers than ever own a set of those again. Was like an alarm clock and was so bad it had me wanting to sell the truck after less than 10K miles. So glad i got rid of them.

if you waited a little longer they would have taken care of their own problem...if you get my drift.

kojackJKU

that was. and you could actually take your own advice!

Here is intelligent dialogue. DONT BUY RECAPS for street driven vehicles!

there. that's as intelligent as you can get! :)

docwatson

Adventurer
Last edited:

HAFICON

Adventurer
These were used for my off road trailer...

Wheel one:

Closer look.

Wheel 2:

Closer look:

That is a lot of weight.. I would not run these on my Jeep, but my trailer that one sees low speed. With minor use I think they are OK. My other concern would be the stress these "possibly" retreaded out of round tires would put on bearings. As said with the increasing cost of these tires it is no longer worth it to me.

I sent these pictures to Treadwright, they tried to blame the 100% new aluminum wheels. After being told to pack sand. I started playing hard they refused to pay shipping back, would refund the cost if I shipped back. The final was they sent me a free tire.. It is still wrapped in plastic in my basement.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
if you waited a little longer they would have taken care of their own problem...if you get my drift.

I don't. I find your unsupported posts in this thread as flat out ignorant and worthless.

When research opposed to your opinion was given you ignored it, but try to poke at retreads again responding to my legitimate experience.

kojackJKU

I was sort of making a joke....something no one gets around here. I still stand firm on my views of retreads. NEVER buying them. and thank god there are many NEW tires in the cost range of them.

hansrober

Adventurer
HAFICON, I guess the mega weight balance must be a normal occurrence with Treadwrights. My experience balancing them looked the same.

unkamonkey

Explorer
KojackJKU, I got your joke and we have each posted our opinions here and each of us are entitled to them. I'm not wanting to ********** you down or anything but this is a public forum so anybody can express their views as long as it isn't rude or vulgar. I posted a thred over on the Earlycj5 site yesterday that was about what happened in Paris. I mentioned religion and politics. It's not up anymore but I got a few PMs from members about it. Just keep it civil. I knew that post was going to be deleted but sometimes a person just needs to let stuff out...

kojackJKU

Don't get me started on THAT situation. I have my very strong opinions on that. That is real life, not tires, jeeps, what constitutes overlanding or any other nonsense. I come here to have some fun. But I still hate retreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94