removal of auxiliary lamps

al415

Observer
Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this question but figure this might be where the wiring / electrical gurus hang out...

Scenario: A friend has picked up a D2 with a bajarack with some enormous LED lamps mounted up front. The lamps are controlled by a factory fog lamp switch. There are two additional lamps on the front bumper.

Question: If we remove the roofrack and snip the wires running to the four roof mounted auxiliary lamps, do I need to do anything besides capping off and tucking away the cut wires?

Sorry in advance for the rudimentary nature of my question but I'm better at breaking things than fixing them and electricity may as well be quantum physics as far as my peabrain is concerned.

WOODY2

Adventurer
You would be better served by taking the time to trace those wires back to their power source and severing at those connections. Total wire removal doesn't have to occur. You then could snip the wires as you suggested. Best not to leave long runs of capped powered wires IMHO.

al415

Observer
You would be better served by taking the time to trace those wires back to their power source and severing at those connections. Total wire removal doesn't have to occur. You then could snip the wires as you suggested. Best not to leave long runs of capped powered wires IMHO.

Thank you for the suggestion! that sounds like much better solution than mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz