Renault 150/ 170 4X4?

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with these trucks? I can find very little info on the web.

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
Sorry but I do not know much about these trucks, but I do know that they are not popular outside of France.

The UK RAF did use some Renault trucks for something or other, but not the ones that you mention. The MOD disposal agent has been selling them for a while. They've got a lot going for them and I think they'd make a great world travel rig.

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,26,52,/55454/Renault.htm

300hp
22.5inch wheels
big winch
diff locks all round
8 speed gearbox + low range

1372239965P6241140.JPG

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
I need the double cab for all of my offspring or else id keep my MB 917. And it seems like all the other double cab firetrucks are huge and seat 9 people. Kind of a too small or too big kind of thing.

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
The British Daf 4x4 trucks have a pretty big cab. They are designed as a sleeper cab but people have adapted them to fit kids seats in the back. I'm not sure how comfortable it would be, but it's possible. They use a Cummins 5.9 engine but I believe that some other drivetrain components are one-offs for this truck and can be difficult to get parts for.

13662117114.JPG

ScottReb

Adventurer
The DAF is a similar size to the Steyr 12M18 and the FMTV family of truck cab. Bigger than a standard cab but still limited to side facing jump style or kid car seats.

It is interesting how they jump up to the much larger size after these. Those bigger cab really do cater to the firefighter vehicle.

DzlToy

Explorer
If you haven't already, you may wish to research the reliability of French automobiles.

Further, I would imagine that obtaining parts and service in Arizona would be complete PITA.

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
My thought was to swap the engine for a 5.9 Cummins. But yes getting parts for that engine is nearly impossible, or so it seems. Its a similar engine MAC was running in the '80.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz