Replacing BilkHead on a NAS 110...how hard and are replacement available?

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
seems like it is still for sale. the owner contacted me this morning.

i am from Quebec so I have seen my fair share of rust.

Beside the bulkhead, it does not appear to be so bad but who knows once you start taking it apart...

assuming you need to replace the bulkhead, perhaps a new frame, what do you think the truck is worth?

revor

Explorer
It is sad..

I've been talking with the guy as well Christian.. To me it's not worth the price and repair cost. I want an older say 1970 D110 so I don't have to deal with the local gov. It keeps rolling around in my head though.. In one sense it can be a very valuable truck because it's one of 500 but that means it won't be a good Overland vehicle because it's well one of 500.. When I buy my 110 I'll keep it forever but I'd like to use it, modify it and generally do the things you don't do to a "1 of 500" Plus consider the cost of a bulkhead, to stay proper you'd have to find an NAS (no vents) Bulkhead, I know where one is but !$$$$! and a V8 Frame... New is probably what $4500 pluss shipping from the UK.. All the other stuff is inconsequential compared to the cost of these items but T pieces, hinges etc etc.. I think $20K might be a better price for this truck and if we all wait long enough It'll probably go down that far..

DCH109

Adventurer
revor said:
It is sad..

I've been talking with the guy as well Christian.. To me it's not worth the price and repair cost. I want an older say 1970 D110 so I don't have to deal with the local gov. It keeps rolling around in my head though.. In one sense it can be a very valuable truck because it's one of 500 but that means it won't be a good Overland vehicle because it's well one of 500.. When I buy my 110 I'll keep it forever but I'd like to use it, modify it and generally do the things you don't do to a "1 of 500" Plus consider the cost of a bulkhead, to stay proper you'd have to find an NAS (no vents) Bulkhead, I know where one is but !$$$$! and a V8 Frame... New is probably what $4500 pluss shipping from the UK.. All the other stuff is inconsequential compared to the cost of these items but T pieces, hinges etc etc.. I think $20K might be a better price for this truck and if we all wait long enough It'll probably go down that far..

1970 D110.......Like to see that.
Think your thinking of a 109 cus the Defender's production started in 1983.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94