Researching motorcycle lift/carrier for an OEV.

foxhunter

Adventurer
I have seen some not so good things with motorcycle racks on the back of a couple of expedition vehicles. I assume most are not designed for bad road/off road use. That said, Rob Pickering in LaJunta has built/modified them for the back of some GXV's, but I don't know how they hold up either.

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
Here's the link to the Red Ant Patent. Go to download to see the drawings and my earlier description will make more sense.
The Patents have been Public Property for years now.

Like I said I built them in the Factory back in the early 70's (I was in my early 20's) and being a mechanical mind I figured out how and what made them work. Then years later I decided I needed one for myself and upscaled the design to make it carry my heavier bike and be more secure on the back of my motorcoach. Mine works really slick!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I drove across the border behind a Fuso with a bike on cantilevered hitch type carrier last night. How it was still there I don’t know. It was flopping all over the place and tilted back about 10-15*. I would not have wanted to be behind them on a bouncy road!

Torklift makes amazing products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne