Retail small trailers

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Wifey and I like to overland travel, mostly with our FJ60 or FJ Cruiser, getting later in our years we’re looking for a little more comfort. The Mercedes vans are too costly for us. Another option was the V10 RVs but the fuel mileage is not good.

So I use our FJ60 to pull a small trailer, thinking about parking the trailer at a campsite and the travel and visit the nearby areas.

Question is are there some small trailers built better, sturdier than others. Probably pull the trailer mostly on pavement but there would be dirt and gravel roads. I would put larger tires on and most likely do a spring over to gain some ground clearance.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Wifey and I like to overland travel, mostly with our FJ60 or FJ Cruiser, getting later in our years we’re looking for a little more comfort. The Mercedes vans are too costly for us. Another option was the V10 RVs but the fuel mileage is not good.

So I use our FJ60 to pull a small trailer, thinking about parking the trailer at a campsite and the travel and visit the nearby areas.

Question is are there some small trailers built better, sturdier than others. Probably pull the trailer mostly on pavement but there would be dirt and gravel roads. I would put larger tires on and most likely do a spring over to gain some ground clearance.

What is a "small" trailer?
Doesn't sound like you are going rock crawling.
There are hundreds of "small" trailers, travel trailers, utility, cargo, teardrop and tent types.

The very best trailer "frame/wheels" you can buy are the ones you have built.

Sounds like you are at the very beginning of the camper thought process, narrow it down a bit more.

Check out the molded fiberglass "egg" trailers. The construction method is not prone to leaks like the more common rubber roof stick built. They hold value so you won't lose a bunch if you decide it doesn't suit you. Read about them here-FGRV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior