*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

PaintRock

Adventurer
You're selling the old dog, eh? I'm at the point now where I am trying to decide if I want to pump some money into my '03 Tundra, or buy something new. It's been a great truck, but 14 years is a long time to own a truck. It could use some new tires, shocks, and I'd love some off road lights for those dark nights in the mountains. These are the tabs I was talking about. They will accept an 8mm bolt, and seem sturdy enough to handle a lightweight stainless or aluminum lightbar, along with two or three Fuegos, or similar lights.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Sad to see it go. If I wasn't so far built into my tundra. I would just pick yours up and continue the build!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCObray

Explorer
You'll have no problem off loading that beaut of a Tundra at an attractive price. As always, can't wait to see what you do with your next project! Keep on keepin' on man.

rickashay

Explorer
55420997.jpg

GLWS man, if it was the crew cab I'd buy it.

LOL wow, even a quote to prove it. Not fair, life has changed my opinion... :D

I'm hearing that a lot! But if it was a crew cab, it wouldnt be for sale... haha

Nice 4Runner!! I have truck envy haha

When you're ready to make the jump, I'll already have all the hard stuff figured out! You're better off I think. lol

Love the V8 4Runners.. Looks like a nice score with that engine and mileage.

Thanks! Yah super pumped about the mileage and condition. Undercarriage looks like it rolled off the assembly line last week!

Sad day no doubt... when's the build thread gonna start for the 4th gen 4R??

It's already started... ;) I'll post up here soon. Tamarack will have some involvement with both my new 4Runner and my brother's (co-owner) new-to-him 00' TRD Offroad Tacoma. Hell, our other partner even has an 03' Limited V8 4Runner. Weird.

You're selling the old dog, eh? I'm at the point now where I am trying to decide if I want to pump some money into my '03 Tundra, or buy something new. It's been a great truck, but 14 years is a long time to own a truck. It could use some new tires, shocks, and I'd love some off road lights for those dark nights in the mountains. These are the tabs I was talking about. They will accept an 8mm bolt, and seem sturdy enough to handle a lightweight stainless or aluminum lightbar, along with two or three Fuegos, or similar lights.

I'd have to look to see if those tabs would work. Why do I still think they are quite flimsy? I'll have to pop the hood on Doug.

If i wasn't having the size constraint issue with Doug, it would be staying. If the Tundra physically fits your uses, I say keep it. Still the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Sad to see it go. If I wasn't so far built into my tundra. I would just pick yours up and continue the build!!

Lol, well maybe there is a part of Doug that can live on with your build ;)
You'll have no problem off loading that beaut of a Tundra at an attractive price. As always, can't wait to see what you do with your next project! Keep on keepin' on man.

Thanks Mason, appreciate the kind words and still want to meet up for a beer sometime! New build should be cool, planning on doing what all the cool kids are doing in the car world - "VLOGGING"

spazstic

Lives for the weekend
Wow, I'm in the same boat as you. Finally at a point where I can consider my AC Tundra "done" and now we've got a baby on the way... It's only a matter of time before I'm there with you. Gonna hold out as long as I can though!

Good luck!

p.s. I saw your hybrid sticker and it gave me a chuckle... I've always called my truck a hybrid - part rock crawler / part prerunner.

rickashay

Explorer
SOLD

The new owner picked up Doug today in Montana and headed home with the truck to Loveland Colorado. The transaction was seamless and it is great to see Doug going to a great new home. Hope you enjoy the truck Dave and hopefully we will see you here on the forums soon!

PS - You have a new Blue Sea circuit breaker inbound to your home. haha

Shadowkross

Dang, I finally make it through your entire build thread and you sold it! Quite the build thread, Glad it went to a good home at least, and can't wait to see how the 4runner turns out!

njtacoma

Explorer
SOLD

The new owner picked up Doug today in Montana and headed home with the truck to Loveland Colorado. The transaction was seamless and it is great to see Doug going to a great new home. Hope you enjoy the truck Dave and hopefully we will see you here on the forums soon!

PS - You have a new Blue Sea circuit breaker inbound to your home. haha

I saw it last night in Loveland and thought to myself, that looks really familiar. How many tundras like that can their be?
So this morning I read about the buyer being in Loveland, very cool!

rickashay

Explorer
Dang, I finally make it through your entire build thread and you sold it! Quite the build thread, Glad it went to a good home at least, and can't wait to see how the 4runner turns out!

What an ending to the story! haha Sucks you made it all this way to see it sold, but I hope there was some value somewhere in the middle for you. Thanks for reading on anyways!

And it's Gone....

You know it Jose. Glad a piece of #Doug will carry on with your build. haha

I saw it last night in Loveland and thought to myself, that looks really familiar. How many tundras like that can their be?
So this morning I read about the buyer being in Loveland, very cool!

LOL Awesome. Small world indeed. Hopefully Dave (new owner) sees that ^. Pretty funny.

windman

Hello all, new owner of #Doug checking in. Its nice to see i was spotted on the first night getting back to colorado.:ylsmoke: Truck is working great and Addison was a great guy to deal with and represented #Doug fully. Very happy with the purchase and looking forward to put some finishing touches on the Tundra. i will start a new thread when the work begins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior