Rig w/ boat Pics

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Heading to the beach for two weeks. One kayak inside the bed.
9c2a985385968b75dcc3e31c801d4674.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Boat itis affliction I see. I have the same issue. Though one of mine is 9000lbs and isnt road legal. So that limits my cruising range.

Josh41

Adventurer
That is a nice boat. I would love something like that to cruse around Duxbury Bay.
I bought it from a guy in Duxbury about 5 years ago. It was made in Plymouth. Check out Ladybug Boats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Lady Bug has impressive build specs.

Construction
LadyBug Boats are constructed along the lines of the original Brockway Skiff. Lady Bug Boats, however, are built using modern materials and technology for a more durable hull and finish. LadyBug Boats are designed and constructed to withstand the rough service and to meet the demands of the commercial fisherman.
The stem is machined from 4×4 fir stock. The transom is two ¾” AC Exterior Grade Plywood laminated with West Epoxy and screwed together plus a 3/4” motor pad in the middle for added engine support. Transom is framed with 2×4 select lumber hemlock or pine. Mid frames are same 2×4 doubled on bottom and sandwiched with 3/4” plywood and 3/4″ gussets secured with resin glue and screws Hullsides are 1/2” AC exterior grade plywood butt spliced with 12”x3/4” plywood joints screwed and glued with West Epoxy.
Chine block is 1”x4” pine secured to hullsides with West Epoxy. Bottom is 3/4” AC exterior grade plywood secured with 3M 5200 Marine Adhesive and screws. The hull bottom is reinforced with three 2”x6” strakes running the full length of the bottom. Endgrain edge of bottom plywood is capped with strip secured with staples and West Epoxy.
Rail is 2”x6” hemlock and secured to hullsides with West Epoxy and screws. All exposed wood is sealed with Clear Sealer. Bottom is coated with one coat of Pettit Unepoxy Bottom Paint, Interior is coated with two coats of Interlux Bilgecoat Enamel.
Hullsides are primed with 2 coats of Pettit White Undercoater followed up with 2 coats Easypoxy Polyurethane Paint. Rails are finished with 2 Coats Easypoxy Polyurethane Paint. All fasteners are Deck Mate Corrosion Resistant screws.

warejn

Observer
12d269ebcd700d4b0c9305c783e1d2d4.jpg

Here is my rig on the way to the boundary waters........

17' canoe, 18' cataraft and an SUP. Just got back to CO from the 2900 mile trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Lady Bug has impressive build specs.

Construction
LadyBug Boats are constructed along the lines of the original Brockway Skiff. Lady Bug Boats, however, are built using modern materials and technology for a more durable hull and finish. LadyBug Boats are designed and constructed to withstand the rough service and to meet the demands of the commercial fisherman.
The stem is machined from 4×4 fir stock. The transom is two ¾” AC Exterior Grade Plywood laminated with West Epoxy and screwed together plus a 3/4” motor pad in the middle for added engine support. Transom is framed with 2×4 select lumber hemlock or pine. Mid frames are same 2×4 doubled on bottom and sandwiched with 3/4” plywood and 3/4″ gussets secured with resin glue and screws Hullsides are 1/2” AC exterior grade plywood butt spliced with 12”x3/4” plywood joints screwed and glued with West Epoxy.
Chine block is 1”x4” pine secured to hullsides with West Epoxy. Bottom is 3/4” AC exterior grade plywood secured with 3M 5200 Marine Adhesive and screws. The hull bottom is reinforced with three 2”x6” strakes running the full length of the bottom. Endgrain edge of bottom plywood is capped with strip secured with staples and West Epoxy.
Rail is 2”x6” hemlock and secured to hullsides with West Epoxy and screws. All exposed wood is sealed with Clear Sealer. Bottom is coated with one coat of Pettit Unepoxy Bottom Paint, Interior is coated with two coats of Interlux Bilgecoat Enamel.
Hullsides are primed with 2 coats of Pettit White Undercoater followed up with 2 coats Easypoxy Polyurethane Paint. Rails are finished with 2 Coats Easypoxy Polyurethane Paint. All fasteners are Deck Mate Corrosion Resistant screws.

You guys would like the PT Skiff. 600lbs dry 20hp, 65 mi range on 5gallons. CG rated for 6. And a wood kit!! I want....

Paddlevan

Observer
First picture is at the Greys river in WY. Boat is a Blue Hole Starburst--my favorite whitewater tripping canoe. Second is launching our Sea Pearl 21 Trimaran in Muscongus Bay in Maine. Kayak is a Cobra Tandem, our 'dinghy'.

Seapearl tri Wow some guys have the best boats

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
Here's ours after wrapping up an afternoon on the lake.

Jeep%20Sunset.jpg

This is really cool! What kind of rack is this, and if you made it care to share how and where it mounts and stuff? I'm looking for a way to carry my boat out to school, but its not as simple as folding the roof down and throwing the boat on top when you live four hours away, sometimes it gets cold haha. Really looking to avoid a roof rack because they're expensive and they get in the way of folding the windshield. Other ideas are welcome, this thread is really cool, tons of sweet pictures on here!

TFin04

Adventurer
Just picked up this Old Town Guide 147 for a good deal on Craigslist, this was from hauling it home. Looking forward to getting it on the water soon.

32942682440_a8df5565d5_c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles