Rigid Tool Boxes on sale

jgaz

Adventurer
Saw this display at a Phoenix HD today.

D5D2D49D-FFA0-486F-9AFB-915570A00574.jpeg
I have two of these boxes and couldn’t be happier with them.
Well, maybe other than I paid more for mine.

TwinStick

Explorer
Yup, that's a great deal. I will probably pick one up for a doner. I need to figure out how to make a sturdy base plate mount for my bedside, that is easily removed but strong enough to hold 2 medium size & one small size. Love these boxes.

TwinStick

Explorer
So, yup, went and picked one up today. Thanks. My stores website said they had 11 in stock & that they were $24.98. Got there & shelf was empty but said $19.98.

The unfortunate incident occurred when I asked an employee for help. He said if it's not on the shelf then we don't have any. Then a nice contractor guy told us they were up on the very top shelf in boxes. The employee looked up & said "yeah, I'm not doing that and walked away !

So I found a giant set of rolling steps and pushed them through the store myself. Just before I went up the steps, a very nice young girl employee came over and asked if I needed help because I am not allowed to use the steps ? I told her what happened & she said please wait here and please don't use the steps.

So then a nice manager showed up and asked me to tell him what just happened. I did & he asked me which employee said that & then walked away from me. I pointed him out. He then went up top & got me a case but while looking, I saw a big box that said Cold Box on it. I told him I have been looking for a cold box for 2 years. So it turned into a win-win for me.

I thanked the guy & thanked the young girl for helping me. As I was going to the checkout line, I saw the manager having a chat with that rude employee. Hope he doesn't get fired but if so, he only has himself to blame.

thebmrust

Just checked out HD. They have them priced at $36.98. Other HD had them at $19.98.

A few weeks ago, our local store also had the Husky wood top workbench for $129 in store but $99 online. I asked if they would match price and the customer service rep said, “if you want that price, buy it online.”

I walked out and left my cart w other items in the aisle.

BlakeA

When stuff like that happens to me in a store, I tell whatever employee who will listen, that Amazon will shut you down someday and you only have yourselves to blame.

ThundahBeagle

So, yup, went and picked one up today. Thanks. My stores website said they had 11 in stock & that they were $24.98. Got there & shelf was empty but said $19.98.

The unfortunate incident occurred when I asked an employee for help. He said if it's not on the shelf then we don't have any. Then a nice contractor guy told us they were up on the very top shelf in boxes. The employee looked up & said "yeah, I'm not doing that and walked away !

So I found a giant set of rolling steps and pushed them through the store myself. Just before I went up the steps, a very nice young girl employee came over and asked if I needed help because I am not allowed to use the steps ? I told her what happened & she said please wait here and please don't use the steps.

So then a nice manager showed up and asked me to tell him what just happened. I did & he asked me which employee said that & then walked away from me. I pointed him out. He then went up top & got me a case but while looking, I saw a big box that said Cold Box on it. I told him I have been looking for a cold box for 2 years. So it turned into a win-win for me.

I thanked the guy & thanked the young girl for helping me. As I was going to the checkout line, I saw the manager having a chat with that rude employee. Hope he doesn't get fired but if so, he only has himself to blame.

I hate to see anyone out of work except those who don't do their jobs. That lazy, rude employee deserves to be out of work. If he was scared of heights or something, he could have asked another employee to get it for you.

There is a distinct lack of good customer service going around, and it won't stop until we demand better, or until lazy young people find themselves in a position where they NEED to work and keep a job to survive.

ThundahBeagle

When stuff like that happens to me in a store, I tell whatever employee who will listen, that Amazon will shut you down someday and you only have yourselves to blame.

By all means, tell any employee that will listen. But tell the manager for sure. Ask for the manager and have the patience to wait for them to arrive. Then let them know. Another employee isn't the boss of the other employees, they are equals. The manager, now we are talking about someone with direct power over employees, and the power to speak to slightly higher management.

I was looking for MagLite flashlights in a HD once a few years ago and found many in the flashlight aisle. Also a display near the registers. I bought 3. This past year I was looking for more, and found none at HD. Asked an employee for the manager and let him know that cheap Chinese flashlights won't cut it with me and to please consider restocking MagLite. Don't know if it will have an effect, but it would if more people did so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94