Expedition Portal Joins Sema build with @weldtecdesigns

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Hello Expedition Portal Fam!
Here is a little update on this build and overview to whats in store......
I have been running the 5" kit with our leaf pac in the rear for 6 months now and love how it rides. The new springs really make a difference in the rear with a lot less jarring feeling every time you hit anything. Now the progression continues and we will be adding the LINER material to the rocker panels and roof. You get a lot more road junk on the sides with the larger tires, currently 33x12.50x17 General Grabbers X3. Once that is complete we will be adding our new ALUMINUM ROOF RACK. This will be an ultra low profile rack with a FIAMMA awning and a grip of LIGHTFORCE PERFORMANCE LIGHTING on it....
Next up will be new Front and Rear bumpers and a new style rock slider. I have to make it Easier for my PREGO wife to get in the van...... HEHE. Which is going to lead us into the interior of the van with all new seating and flooring and some extra special things we are working on for all of you Chevrolet Express owners.
To finish off this we are going to put the ULTRA plush 4x4 coilover system on the front. That will consist of custom A-Arm kit and KING coilovers for the best ride available.
Additionally we are doing a performance upgrade by BLACKBEAR PERFORMANCE, along with ?.......................................... (your suggestions)

I would like to change out the stock stereo to a unit with rear camera and GPS, I prefer the third taillight one, Have any of you made this change and what do you like?

Please post up if there is something you would like to see us add.

Thanks for taking part in this thread and supporting our builds, if you have not clicked on the links below now is the time and subscribe.

Jeremy

bbbthreat

I did a backup camera on the third brake light setup, because I wanted a vantage point as high up as I could get. Most of the ones available had the common complaint of being too close to the body and had their field of view blocked by the curvature of the rear barn doors. I hunted around trying to find the style that pushed the camera as far out as possible, in hopes of looking past the doors. This is roughly the type of camera that I installed.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/IR-LED-Car-B...187894?hash=item1a58b1a936:g:UcUAAOSw~jpbUEDV
It works pretty well, and while I cannot see the actual rear bumper of the van, the cutoff of the curve (view angle) is almost directly inline of the bumpers edge. Hope this helps.
IMG_1453.JPGIMG_1452.JPGIMG_1451.JPG

Last edited:

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
I will def check that out as it seems like what I am looking for. Thanks

We have been busy busy build and will be sure to add some pics of our progress this week. Also Monday we will be doing a killer Giveaway on our youtube channel, so be sure to check that out!
Who loves free stuff for there van?
Comment below along then subscribe to our channel to double your chances....... If you already subscribe don't worry, just comment in Mondays video to be entered again! so many chances to win!

MONDAY!!!!!

wjeeper

Guy builds sick vans, puts out some good videos, builds awesome parts, sponsors the forum and even has a giveaway for some nice lights and no replys........man tough crowd!

I hope get chosen, they would go well with the custom rear springs you built for my AWD express!

P.S. are the express mini flares gonna be back in stock soon? I need a set!

Last edited:

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Guy builds sick vans, puts out some good videos, builds awesome parts, sponsors the forum and even has a giveaway for some nice lights and no replys........man tough crowd!

I hope get chosen, they would go well with the custom rear springs you built for my AWD express!

P.S. are the express mini flares gonna be back in stock soon? I need a set!

Thank you so much for this comment !!!!! Its been so hard to get anything out of the Audience
I know that others have posted how they feel this forum has not had the traction it once has however over 100 people view this thread daily and crickets.............. we would love to hear from you guys and what you would like to see get built or added to our crazy builds.

Jeremy

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Just watched the new video. I like the product you applied, Custom cote?[/QUOTE
It is actually just called LINER by TCP GLOBAL. I will post a link to our site if you want more info or would like to purchase it. Its great and goes on really easy. We have been shooting a how to video that goes into more depth that we will be putting on our channel as soon as SEMA is over.
Until then here is Kaiden and I shooting the Chevrolet Express Lightforce van.

Thanks for watching and participating in this thread.

12paws4feet

Thank you so much for this comment !!!!! Its been so hard to get anything out of the Audience
I know that others have posted how they feel this forum has not had the traction it once has however over 100 people view this thread daily and crickets.............. we would love to hear from you guys and what you would like to see get built or added to our crazy builds.

Jeremy

I'm on two other forum sites, just seems to be how people on the net behave these days. More lurking than participation, seeking information but not seeking discussion. I appreciate what your doing and the rest of the lurkers do too!

bbbthreat

I appreciate the work you have been doing, Jeremy. The rocker lining video you did with your kiddo, was awesome. I try and include my kid in my projects with upgrading the van as well. When I was putting in my sound proofing, he was my "peel and stick man."

Keep up the good work and keep us updated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier