Roaming Lost: 2022 RAM 3500

ripperj

Explorer
Looks sharp, how annoying are the tires on asphalt? Loud? Do they track nice? I’m looking to do similar on my 21 gasser. Probably ATs though
People rave about the Aisin and I’m pretty impressed with the 8 speed auto in my truck, I imagine the SO tranny must be pretty good?? 68RFE I assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

roaminglost

Looks sharp, how annoying are the tires on asphalt? Loud? Do they track nice? I’m looking to do similar on my 21 gasser. Probably ATs though
People rave about the Aisin and I’m pretty impressed with the 8 speed auto in my truck, I imagine the SO tranny must be pretty good?? 68RFE I assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not bad at all. I mean they're MTs so you gotta go into it knowing they make noise. ATs are def better for daily I say.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I went with the Bullet Point Mounting Solutions dash mount and it has held up very well over 13K miles and 8 months of mixed use.

ELRC0Yf.jpg

UWAJhc8.jpg

Reactions: FEF

roaminglost

I went with the Bullet Point Mounting Solutions dash mount and it has held up very well over 13K miles and 8 months of mixed use.

ELRC0Yf.jpg

UWAJhc8.jpg
I almost got that as well, but didn't like how it sank in and you lose that angle of the arms being able to be more parallel. but if it works it works!

370HSSV

Wow, suspension and tire make a huge difference!

Do you have plans for a camper in the bed? I am guessing that's the reason for the long box?

dstock

Explorer
I've been following on Instagram, I see you found a place to hang the Midland mic, I'm still looking, so may curves on the Ram dash!

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Interested to hear if you see a change in MPG. The lower air dam factors in a lot to rounded corners on these bricks.

It was a concern of mine as well and when I removed them on my Ford's I usually lost 1-2mpg on the highway because of it. In the end it doesn't really matter because the AEV front bumper that will be going on soon doesn't have any type of air dam either. It definitely looks better without it.

***Edit***

I went for a drive to the next town over which is roughly 22 miles at 70mph. I didn't notice any difference in noise/sound and the fuel economy was dead nuts on with what it normally sees. So for those of you considering the removal of the lower air dam, it doesn't appear to have any negative impact on performance and it certainly looks better.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne