Rockpals 60w Folding Panel - for Jackery 240

mpluto

Picked up a Jackery 240 recently (with the prime day $50 off, decided to pull the trigger). Because we aren't powering a fridge or anything - the power draw off it will likely be pretty minimal on weekend trips but if we are out for more than a couple days and charging devices - figure we should have an option besides charging off the vehicle 12v while en route (especially due to the 45w input max built into the Jackery).

Looking at foldable panel options and liked the look of the Rockpals 60w panel. I figure the 100w isn't really necessary and the 60w claims to be about as efficient as the Jackery panel (around 23% in ideal conditions). A review of the 100w panel on Youtube showed it performing quite well.

Questions:
  1. Will I regret 60w over the 100w for any reason?
  2. Anyone have experience with this panel and have any feedback or insight?

I thought about going with a solid panel but the versatility of the foldable is nice. The compact setup of the Jackery and this panel would be something I could also take on multi-day drift boat floats (one planned for October). Where a Renogy style panel would be a bit cumbersome and less than ideal.

Thanks!

Superduty

Adventurer
Out of curiosity what other stuff do you need power for if no fridge?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mpluto

Out of curiosity what other stuff do you need power for if no fridge?

Lighting, sometimes a fan in the tent, charging up devices (handhelds, tablet, GPS, phones, etc.) - we have 3 little ones so when we are out with the kids we have quite a few devices, etc. Nothing that is a huge power draw currently. My father sometimes is with me and he will now need a CPAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94