Rollercam straps

Honu

lost on the mainland
You guys have piqued my interest in these roller cams. I am trying decide which ones to get.

Cascade River Gear has nylon or polypro versions. What are the pros and cons? Confirm that the rollercam straps from Cascade do indeed have a sewn loop on each end?

http://cascaderivergear.com/shop/6-roller-cam-1-polypro-cam-strap/ Polypro

http://cascaderivergear.com/shop/4-roller-cam-1-nylon-cam-strap/ Nylon

Then I looked at Rollerstrap.com and their prices are considerably less than Cascade. Do their straps have two loops? I don't see one rolled out on the site.

http://www.rollercam.com/shop
for hammock hanging nylon is horrible since it stretches over a short time when hanging
for that reason I would go with the poly :)

sure mine are cheap nylon knock off but I do want to get those loop end ones as they seem really handy

Cascadia River Gear (loops) vs RollerCam.com (no loops)
Going to be purchasing some Roller Cams soon. It looks like none of them come in the traditional 2 strap (one long, one short) configuration.
Why is this? with the one piece design, you need twice the length of strap.

Anyone know?
Does anyone make a Roller Cam with the One Long/One Short Configuration?

Also,
Why is the Loop end preferred to the non-loop?

?

See discussion in the rest of this thread.
An example is cascaderivergear.com/shop/4-length-cam-loop-strap/

Also,
Why is the Loop end preferred to the non-loop?[/QUOTE]
See page 1 of this thread

?

See discussion in the rest of this thread.
An example is cascaderivergear.com/shop/4-length-cam-loop-strap/

Also,
Why is the Loop end preferred to the non-loop?
See page 1 of this thread[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm blind.
I did not realize that those were also Roller Cams.
Thanks bud.

Looks like Rollercam heard our cry... now offering "Expedition" versions all black with looped end (s)? looks like one end is looped the other is sewn? placing an order now.

I just looked at the site. They have also made a few improvements. I bought a few of the rollercams a few months ago. The ones now pictured on the site use the 3 bar tact sewing vs the ones I got a few months ago which were an X pattern. Also the ones I got had the "fray" end on the outside/top vs the inside so it is now not visible when you tighten the strap. Probably not a huge deal, but definitely more aesthetically pleasing and looks more professional.

They also have colors other than blue now. I would have rather have black.

It looks like these new revisions are definite positives.

I ordered up a set, I'll post a quick review when I get them. I was hoping for like a 1' buckle end with loop and a longer loop for the other "side" but it looks like the loop might be one big loop like the original version. Either way, I have an upcoming trip and it was time to jump!

well, I don't think they listened to us actually. It appears that they added a loop on the loose end so you might get a better grip on it while pulling. It still is a 1 piece strap, not 2 separate pieces. Functionality is still limited to strapping down the same as the original method. (insert sad face)

Must have missed that part about rollers and the supposed importance of them. Just offering an option to the strap controversy by mentioning a way to construct DIY straps.

You might send a message or call the roller cam web site. I don't think they are a huge operation, they may also be willing to sell just the buckle. They may also be willing to make them with loops if they are made aware that there is a demand for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk