roof rack lights for setting up camp.

cr500taco

Adventurer
I run 4 of these Vision-X led flood lights. https://www.visionxusa.com/shop/3-4-utility-flood/ They are bright enough for any task without being so bright that they give you a sunburn. They are lightweight, and durable. They have been on my truck for 6 years and still look and work like new.

View attachment 471420
Thank you, that's the kind of info, I've been looking for. I will check those out. I know Vision X are quality lights.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Have a pic?
621A2ED7-56B5-4E37-B016-65E5A6F26FD0.jpegInitially, I only switched them from inside the rear hatch, where my RTT power and Tail Glass LED strip switches are. Now I’m wishing more often I could use them from the drivers seat, so I will probably double feed them with another switch too.

They effectively light the ground from about 12” away to about 8 or 9’ away. All 6 come on at the same time.

danfromsyr

Adventurer
I keep a pair of 10w rechargeable led work lights on hand..

good for fetching firewood and other camp duties..
easily recharge from the vehicle too. $~15ea shipped.. handy around the house too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/L10-10W-Po...rgeable-LED-Flood-Camping-Hiking/272071422811

s-l500.jpg

rollingwithDIRT

I have two Baja S2 Pro mounted to the front of my rack that work as ditch lights, but I can swivel them for side lights as well. They are the flood lights in amber. Which is a great combination for night, dust and fog. I hate bright white lights for camp lighting.lights.png

trae

Adventurer
Have a pic?
View attachment 471469Initially, I only switched them from inside the rear hatch, where my RTT power and Tail Glass LED strip switches are. Now I’m wishing more often I could use them from the drivers seat, so I will probably double feed them with another switch too.

They effectively light the ground from about 12” away to about 8 or 9’ away. All 6 come on at the same time.

I like how subtle these are. Did you fab the brackets yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Thanks. I much prefer the subtle light to the alien landing scenario. They are plenty bright to cook or make camp though. Somewhere between big flashlight and Coleman lantern.

Yes, the brackets are some scrap I had left from a project. They are 1x3 tube that I had ripped into “L” profiles for my fridge slider. I just cut some pieces wide enough to u-bolt onto the vertical risers.

If you have a gobi, I’ve found mid-70s Chevy u-joint bolts are a great way to bolt things to the upper tubes

bat

Explorer
I am not sure the brand for my lights but I did make it so I could use a remote when sitting around the fire and the wifee needs something. No need for flashlight just turn them on from the comfort of your chair.

Attachments

• led 003.JPG
    led 003.JPG
    603.1 KB · Views: 104
  • led 001.JPG
    led 001.JPG
    633.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 90

Forum statistics

Threads