Roof Top Tents on Smaller Vehicles

roxanwright

Solar Servicing
I have Front Runner Feather-Lite roof top tent for one of my much smaller vehicles. I believe this is the lowest profile roof top tent. I can sleep comfortably on it and hasn't got any issues so far.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
Columbus Variant on a Mini.

2012-mini-cooper-swindon-_800x0w.jpg

calicamper

Expedition Leader
All the subaru racks are typically 150 and in most cases easily upgraded to a Yakima or Thule option which is a 150lb rating for the most part. The windage factor is the bigger issue in most cases with the smaller cars. Sticking with a fairly low profile sleeker roof top tent will always be a better approach for the lighter cars. Especially given the big reason to go with the lighter smaller ride is enjoying the mileage advantage. The big roof baskets or going with big mountain bikes on the lid you can take a 5mpg hit to your average mileage I know I do. Roof top tent will be the only thing on the lid which case you'll want to be as low profile and low drag as possible to enjoy that mileage advantage. The TDI with the sleek roof top rig would be a serious mileage monster regarding having that great range and fuel consumption numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles