Roofnest

CMARJEEP

Observer
Thank you for your feedback and for posting your experience.

It is making the decision extremely hard not really being in an area to view these things. I may see a rtt here maybe once a month driving around (always a soft shell) and have never seen one camping.

Which Autohome did you get? I have inquired about the Columbos Variant and the Airtop. Got one response and now nothing for over three weeks after asking more questions. As a comparison the Roofnest people have responded promptly to my questions. Again, I am not saying I am getting a roof nest but their prompt responses speak volumes to me.

An I want to like the Autohomes but they are, as mentioned, extremely hard to get a hold of, do not respond to multiple emails and questions, I hear of many customer service nightmares due to no responses, and it costs $700 for shipping one to my area. That is $700 on top of the cost of the tent....wow....The Roofnest and many others in comparison only cost around $300 to ship to my area. I swear, can't prove of course, that Autohome is charging it's customers to ship it over from Italy. So at this point I know the Autohome is a high quality unit and I would buy one (it's actually my preference), but I just don't trust them. How can I trust them??

I just bought a Maggiolina extreme and the process was great. I was talking with Andrew over email and he always got back to me next day. When I was ready to order I called him and he got me taken care of.

I can tell you for sure they ship the tents from CA. I ordered on Monday morning and my tent was delivered Tuesday afternoon. Granted I live in the next state over but still that is insanely fast shipping for freight.

Can’t comment on the tent yet as it’s still in the box but from what I’ve read they’re top of the line. It’s replacing a 3 year old TuffStuff soft shell tent.

Drumber

Observer
Hey, just wanted to chime in here. I own Roofnest so just laying out my bias ahead of time.

I started making and importing tents 3 years ago in essentially a different age of rtt manufacturing. The market has changed so much since then its hard to imagine. I've been going back and forth between my factory in China and the USA trying to improve every single aspect of my tents nonstop for the last three years. Our newest models reflect all this work and have features, materials, and build quality far beyond comparably priced hard shell rtts.

You do get what you pay for but Roofnest is a direct to consumer brand with very low overhead and we can keep our margins way lower than our competitors. If we distributed like our competitors (through retailers) our tents would be 25% more expensive (and worth every penny) .

Check out our reviews on Facebook and join our Facebook group the Roofnest Flock and you can talk to actual owners in an unfiltered environment.

Thanks to everyone who's been a supporter or customer!
This thread is a bit old, but can you speak to the improvements you've made to the newest round of tents you're making for 2020? I'm interested in the Sparrow EYE, specifically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94