Roofrack box?

The_Hoff

I’m thinking of building a low-profile box from plywood that would bolt to my Frontrunner roofrack. This would allow me to install solar panels on the top, while still maintaining the storage capacity of the rack. The box would be the width of the RR and likely start just behind the Jerry cans. It should be a similar profile to most RTTs. Has anyone done something like this ? Any thoughts, ideas, inputs ? I mostly carry my ground tent, stretchers, and bedding on the roof. These could all easily fit into a +\- 30cm tall box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmbirtcher

Observer
I would think there’s a commercially available box that may even be comparable in cost to the materials (and effort) that would meet your needs. There’s so many different ones especially Thule and Yakima.

dms1

Explorer
I would think there’s a commercially available box that may even be comparable in cost to the materials (and effort) that would meet your needs. There’s so many different ones especially Thule and Yakima.

Hard to install solar panels on those Yakima and Thule boxes due to their shape and they are not exactly cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior