Royal Truck Body 'low profile' replacement truck bed for use with a truck camper?

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Has anyone on here used a Royal Truck Body replacement 'low profile' truck body with wall to wall storage? My plumber came over to fix something and came in his 2000 F-350 4WD SRW diesel with this body:

Of course I was immediately interested in getting the specs on this. 49 inches between the back walls of the cabinets. Built for an 8 foot long bed truck, make is no problem.
It looks kind of heavy and overbuilt but water resistant and rattle free which is amazing he has owned it since new and it's just a work truck. Note the lines on the 'new' bed follow the original Ford styling.
I'm trying to find someone on here who has one of these and used it with a hardside truck camper. My factory bed is toast probably from doing stuff like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfj5y93wsd7vfkw/jefe does sand hill at dry wash of the devil Anza.m4v?dl=0
So, lehmee noh if you have one or know someone who has one and uses it with a truck camper.
regards, as always, jefe

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Are those still available? I haven't seen a new one in years and I thought they stopped making them.

Jack

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Jack, at least you have some interest. But it looks like you've already cast your camper net to BunduVry's flat bed design.
http://www.royaltruckbody.com/
is the website addy. They've moved west about 10 miles but still seem to be in business with new offerings. The low silhouette truck body is still listed in their catalog. It still looks like a slick resolution to the stock pickup body. Still, there are questions. How heavy is it? How is it attached to the frame? Available for all 3 major truck brands?
By the lack of response here, i get the drift that no one on here has opted for it.
jefe

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Jack, at least you have some interest. But it looks like you've already cast your camper net to BunduVry's flat bed design.
http://www.royaltruckbody.com/
is the website addy. They've moved west about 10 miles but still seem to be in business with new offerings. The low silhouette truck body is still listed in their catalog. It still looks like a slick resolution to the stock pickup body. Still, there are questions. How heavy is it? How is it attached to the frame? Available for all 3 major truck brands?
By the lack of response here, i get the drift that no one on here has opted for it.
jefe

I really wanted one on my '02 F350 and used to see them all of the time around here. Don't know about the weight, but even here, most were rusting after a few years, which cooled my enthusiasm. Like I said, it's been a while, but I remember looking inside the bed and the sides of my Lance and realized that they were not compatible. The Lance had areas that took advantage of the areas above and behind the stock bed's wheelwells and the Royal body was straight up to allow for the exterior boxes to have actual storage room.

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste