RSB's Radiant Red Tacoma build

RSB

Adventurer
Thanks RSB for the good seat review. I'm surprised by your findings and actually slightly discouraged. Though, anything has to be better than the crap stock seats. Keep us posted on what Corbeau does for you on a fix...

Absolutely and completely agree. Still much, much better than the stock seats. Will advise once I have an opportunity to share with Corbeau. :)

RSB

Adventurer
Still one of my favorite Tacomas of all time, great work. :sombrero:

What are your plans for the rear bumper? Just curious what was missing from the previous bumper that drove you to sell it. Are you going high-clearance?

*EDIT: just went several pages back through the thread and saw your post about disliking the swing-out; I'm assuming that's the answer to my question.

Thanks, Ryan. Yep! That's why. :) I'll be going with the All-Pro wrap-around. Very similar config to All-Pro's red 'BajaTaco' build. :ylsmoke:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Thanks, Ryan. Yep! That's why. :) I'll be going with the All-Pro wrap-around. Very similar config to All-Pro's red 'BajaTaco' build. :ylsmoke:

I'm a fan of the AP rear Taco bumper, I've run them on both of my last Tacoma's, simple, clean, protection... answered my needs. On my current Tacoma I did remove the hitch and french it into the flat plate behind the license plate. I then added braces from the back of the 2" receiver back over to the bumper as to beef up its tow capacity. The license plate bracket is attached with simple nylon screws and wingnuts, removes in under a minute and I place the license plate in the back window. If you tow a lot it might not be a viable option but given I have a trailer on less than once a month, its worked well for me and cleaned up the look and clearance of the bumper all the while strengthening it a bit too. Keep up the good work!

Not the best pic but you can see the lack of receiver:
Fall_Exploit%20%28135%29%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Last edited:

BamaTaco12

After much consideration, I decided to try selling the rear canopy. I want to change things around for an open-bed configuration again. :)

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/66067-RSB-s-Radiant-Red-Toyota-Tacoma-Rear-Canopy-Shell?p=945196#post945196

Ryan, I'm a little bit late to the party on this, but I love your rig. Very well done. I jus signed up for ExPo this morning, just to have access to your build thread. I have a silver '02 TRD and it is a work in progress. I have been trying to decide on a rear canopy, and then I came across your truck. Would you happen to have the model number of the ARE cap you have or had? Anything that I might possibly need to find one for sale. Any info would be great!! Thank you!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
How many jerry cans do you ride around with on trips? Is that 6 I count in the bed?

That particular trip was more than usual as we were in the Maze (no fuel, 10 gal/vehicle recommended) and we planned to drive home through the Swell which meant we wouldn't be in vicinity of a gas station for 4-5 days without a significant detour. I had 15 gallons for my truck (SC'd Tacoma's don't have amazing range), 10 gallons for another member of our group and 5 gallons of water. I've carried 4 cans for myself on certain trips. We did a Pony Express Trail trip from SLC to South Lake Tahoe on dirt, up to 350 dirt miles without fuel stations so with a safety (return) factor we each had to pack plenty of fuel. My current 100 Series had 41 gallons of fuel thus I generally only carry a 5 gallon can for long distance trips, 2 on a really remote trip. Hope that helps!

RSB

Adventurer
Hi Kurt. Looks great. I've considered this one for a long time. I like that's light weight, which I finally learned is best for the Tacoma.

I'm a fan of the AP rear Taco bumper, I've run them on both of my last Tacoma's, simple, clean, protection... answered my needs. On my current Tacoma I did remove the hitch and french it into the flat plate behind the license plate. I then added braces from the back of the 2" receiver back over to the bumper as to beef up its tow capacity. The license plate bracket is attached with simple nylon screws and wingnuts, removes in under a minute and I place the license plate in the back window. If you tow a lot it might not be a viable option but given I have a trailer on less than once a month, its worked well for me and cleaned up the look and clearance of the bumper all the while strengthening it a bit too. Keep up the good work!

Not the best pic but you can see the lack of receiver:
Fall_Exploit%20%28135%29%20%28Medium%29.jpg

RSB

Adventurer
Very nice. I'm honored! The canopy is model 10287. Sorry for taking so long to get back with you. I've been hibernating all year.

Ryan, I'm a little bit late to the party on this, but I love your rig. Very well done. I jus signed up for ExPo this morning, just to have access to your build thread. I have a silver '02 TRD and it is a work in progress. I have been trying to decide on a rear canopy, and then I came across your truck. Would you happen to have the model number of the ARE cap you have or had? Anything that I might possibly need to find one for sale. Any info would be great!! Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online