RTT on ARE Z Series

Chad D.

When I had my 225 pound tepid on the truck, I used this one to store it.
Liked it so much I bought another one.
Now the tepid line es on the trailer and I use the recor for other story.
Works really good.

https://www.amazon.com/Racor-PHL-1R...ocphy=1014526&hvtargid=pla-273151882929&psc=1

I really though hard about one of those. I love the simplicity and ease of use, but too many complaints on the plastic gearbox failures scared me off. If it had a higher capacity and stronger parts, I would have pulled the trigger.

My new winch arrived yesterday, and I hope to install it this weekend. It’s freezing outside, so not real high on the priority list...

01e1aa6bba7eb8131f381e1ed5add38a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay J

I was told that my roof tracks are Yakima, and picked up the Yakima track nuts in addition to the Rhino racks. They’re narrower than Rhino, but fit correctly. The Rhino nuts are too wide for Yakima tracks.

You can feel the weight up there. Not saying that it’s scary or feels unsafe, but it is noticeable.

I have Uni-Strut to attach to the underside of the topper roof, and brackets to attach to the bedside rails. I fabricated 4 adjustable “turnbuckle” or “tie-rod” looking bars to secure the roof to the bedsides. They’re machined from 1” hexagonal aluminum bar stock with a left and right hand threaded Heim joint in either end. Overkill for sure, but will do the job and look sweet. Handy to have access to a full offroad fab shop and the machines that go with it...
af0ce077fc81f520d08c1601df8271f8.jpg

Thanks for the additional info. That load bar you fabricated is impressive! I hope to see a picture once they’re installed.

Chad D.

Thanks for the additional info. That load bar you fabricated is impressive! I hope to see a picture once they’re installed.

Thank you for the compliment. The steel parts are at powder coat, so it’ll be a bit till installation is complete.

Forgot to mention earlier for you earlier... Toughest part about having the tent on top of the canopy is setting up the tent and stowing it. It’s tall. You need a ladder or tall step stool to do this. My bed is only 5’-7”, so I’ll grab a 5’ A-ladder to keep in there when camping. Having a second person really helped when stowing the tent. I have my wife pull down on the ladder a touch to take weight off of the folded tent, which makes it much easier to neatly pack the loose material into the folds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior