Salt River Canyon Wilderness 3/17-19 06

datrupr

Expedition Leader
OK, this is just a preliminary, but I am plannig on doing an overnighter Fri, Sat, & come home on Sun. I was thinking running up along Cherry Creek and perhaps setting up camp the first night along the creek. Then travel north in the direction of Young, but continue north east toward Heber and set up camp south of the rim. This trip will be limited and is posted at 4WDTrips.net as well. As I said, this is preliminary and more details will follow, and it will also be relegated to what the weather has to bring. I will keep you posted, and please feel free to post up if you are interested.

Attendees:

Aaron - Trooper

Pending:

Colette - Grand Vitara
Brian - Disco II
Mark - WonderRunner

Last edited:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I do hope we get some rain or snow here really soon to help make this adventure even more of a reality. This is supposed to a beautiful area with some hiking and wheeling trails through the Tonto National Forest.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Hey That's St. Patty's Day!!!:beer: :beer: :eatchicke :beer: :smilies27: :beer: :beer: :beer: :jump: :victory:

I may be able to go out on Saturday and Sunday. I would just have to catch up with you on the trail.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Thats cool Brian. Yeah, I don't want to detract from the celebration for all of those Irish members here. I could possibly bring green beer though:beer: :rolleyes:

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Cool
It's not a matter of being around to drink, I'll drink anywhere!
It's more an issue of a day off work, although I guess I could leave friday evening. It would be a lot of fun to try and find your camp at night in the dark!

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Brian, it could indeed be fun to try and find the camp in the dark. Especially since I do not know yet where camp will be, but with a bit more research I will find what hopefully will be a good spot.:D I kind of have the same problem with work also, I am out of vacation until mid April, and I am planning on taking a Friday off in March, April, and May:rolleyes: . It will be interesting to see what the boss has to say about that:p . I may end up working a half day on that Friday so I may be getting to camp a little on the late side as well. We shall see, I will post more info as it becomes available.

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Sounds like a fun trip, but I am planning on TTORA's AZROCKS that weekend (If I can get the days off!) Hope you all have a safe venture, and take some good pics!

Wil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier