Sawtooth XL Build

I have been following your build this last year as I am hoping to dive into a sawtooth build this spring. The one thing I am wondering is it actually worth routering out the walls for the 1/2" of foam insulation in a few spots.
It didn't make a bit of difference in the walls and was a waste of time on the prototype so I deleted that out of the plans. There is still room to insulate the roof and if you use a good thick mattress that will help insulate the floor.

. . . if you use a good thick mattress that will help insulate the floor.
That's the way I chose to go, but I admit I have been thinking about gluing 2" of foam to the bottom of the floor between the frame rails and then riveting on a sheet of galvanized metal (or maybe using some of the 3M tape that I mistrust) to deflect rocks and the like. I dunno. I like to have access to the wiring harness, even though it runs through a conduit. But it is an option to consider.

That's the way I chose to go, but I admit I have been thinking about gluing 2" of foam to the bottom of the floor between the frame rails and then riveting on a sheet of galvanized metal (or maybe using some of the 3M tape that I mistrust) to deflect rocks and the like. I dunno. I like to have access to the wiring harness, even though it runs through a conduit. But it is an option to consider.
That would actually be a slam dunk to use 2" rigid foam and some sheet metal to protect it. Good idea Dan ;)

Thank you for the feed back. I will defiantly be using 2" rigid insulation under the floor and protected with sheet metal. Also for the cold camping I use sheep skins under us. It works very well in our tent and canned ham trailer.

And stomperxj, I will hopefully be talking to you in the spring.

Dan, If you are ever coming down through Prince George and have time to met or need a place to camp in the area drop me a pm.
I certainly will. I was through Prince George last August on my way home with the trailer. No current plans to head back down the highway this year, but you never know!