Scan guage mounting

mantree91

I am looking to mount a scan guage in my xterra. Just about everything is mounted on ram mounts in my truck. That is a gps, dual band head and 2 mounts for a cell phone and ipod. I think I would mount it above the gps on the a pillar but I am wondering if anyone has come up with a mount for the scan gauge.
abd2155e444bf149ef60de87cdbd2432.jpg
ef329ad5b5853ce900849e6b52f52297.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
My favorite place to mount the SG is on top of the steering column with 3m double-stick tape. That's where I had it on both of my 4runners and it worked great.

On my last 4runner and on my Suburban I had a RAM 1" ball mount attached to the dashboard with the same heavy-duty 3m mounting tape. On both vehicles it held very well (even in hot weather) and removed without a trace when it was time to sell the truck.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I made a bracket to hold mine up above the rearview mirror. Obviously this was easier to install since I had the headliner down for Pop-Top work. The Bracket is just bent to the shape of the header at the top of the windshield, and then I used two pieces of thin aluminum angle stock to hold the Scangauge and riveted them to the bracket. A little work with a file made the clearance for the RJ45 connector for the cable on the backside. Sorry for the lousy photo of the "empty" holder, it's cropped from the bottom of an image where I was shooting something else. I don't think I ever took a picture of the empty holder directly!

scangauge_mount3.jpg

scangauge_mount1.jpg

scangauge_mount2.jpg

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I found a better "overview" picture of the current cockpit so you can see where the Scangauge sits relative to the rear-view, etc.:
cockpit.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
Decent fab work, but it looks like it's time for a custom console panel across the top of the dash between those two swells to fit all that stuff into / onto, for a much cleaner look.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Nah, it changes way too often! I have a t-slot track mounted to that part of the dash, so I can swap out displays, radios, and cameras at-will.

jkam

nomadic man
My favorite place to mount the SG is on top of the steering column with 3m double-stick tape. That's where I had it on both of my 4runners and it worked great.

On my last 4runner and on my Suburban I had a RAM 1" ball mount attached to the dashboard with the same heavy-duty 3m mounting tape. On both vehicles it held very well (even in hot weather) and removed without a trace when it was time to sell the truck.

I mounted mine to the steering column as well. That way, it's very visible, easy to see and out of the way.
It does cover up the gear indicator but haven't had any issues with that.

ZMagic97

Explorer
I've considered one for my Grand Cherokee. I was going to put in inside the gauge bezel using something like a 3M tape. The biggest obstacles I see with that it mounting to a flay surface, and where the wire would route. Some minor drilling may be required.

mantree91

I mounted mine to the steering column as well. That way, it's very visible, easy to see and out of the way.
It does cover up the gear indicator but haven't had any issues with that.
Ya I was going to mount my trailer controll display there originally. No issue with gear indacator since I have a 5 speed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I mounted my Scan gauge on the steering wheel column of my 2013 Land Cruiser. Easy to see and mount.

Attachments

• IMG_20200421_131459706_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200421_131459706_HDR.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior