Scangauge 2 Compatible with 1994 Montero LS?

Androvers

Observer
Will have to look that up and see what it does, if its just the trip computer type gizmo I might avoid it, just put a suspension system and larger tires in the rig along with a roof rack, don't really want to know how far the mileage has dropped!

plh

Explorer
I don't believe OBD (early) connectors were standardized among manufactures. The standardization came with OBD II. What exactly are you attempting to read/learn/diagnose? The FSM (Factory Service Manual) has the procedure on how to read DTCs for your vehicle. It is available here: http://www.mitsubishilinks.com send the guy hosting the site a little paypal love if this helps you out.

brad2274

Adventurer
Will have to look that up and see what it does, if its just the trip computer type gizmo I might avoid it, just put a suspension system and larger tires in the rig along with a roof rack, don't really want to know how far the mileage has dropped!

Yeah its mostly for mpg or miles left in tank etc, runs off of injector signal and speedometer. I'm getting one for mpg and rpms since my tach is useless

Obetski

Observer
I was putting one now on my Gen 2 1995 Montero SR and it says the same thing "connecting". Did you figure this out? Thanks

bikerjosh

Explorer
I was putting one now on my Gen 2 1995 Montero SR and it says the same thing "connecting". Did you figure this out? Thanks
I don't think it will work, at least we couldn't get my buddy's 95 SR to read. I think the guts for the plug or all the pins aren't there; i.e. the pin that supplies power is which is why you get a 'connecting' message but nothing else.

Obetski

Observer
I just saw the manual online and it doesn't support our Gen 2 Montero even with the ob2 plug. That sucks!

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Even the MUT-2 doesn't read 94-95 Monteros without the special harness which plugs into the OBD-2 style plug, the other plug and the 12v socket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz