Scepter fuel cans at Costco!

RacerAV

I am buying two of them as I type this now. They’re only $13.99 each.

5.3 gallons, 20 L. Thank you Costco! Been deliberating on buying new cans for the new dirtbike, and camping gear like the generator. What a deal!

Southern California Costco shoppers be on the lookout!

RacerAV

It’s definitely not the military one but similar shape and size. Thinner material. The cap is a CA compliant c(r)ap. But it’s easily replaceable. Matches my rotopax caps. So there’s that.

Jayrat

I love mine , filled it with water first time and put it through the test
went back to buy a back up, for the $$ can't go wrong

Superduty

Adventurer
As mentioned above these are 100% NOT the Scepter Military Fuel Cans (MFC). These are a completely different grade of material. They are NOT the same exact size as the MFC either. That said, if you need some fuel cans, for the price they are a great deal. I bought a couple to keep around the house. I use it for lawn mower fuel, etc now. They would work for travelling as well, but they will not provide the life or durability of a true MFC.

MFCs are in a class of their own. A few years ago, when Costco started carrying these, somewhere online did a comparison between these Costco cans and the true MFCs.

Runt

Adventurer
I have lost the Scepter MFC's off my swing out tire/fuel carrier doing 80 km/h down a gravel road. The cans were fine and no fuel lost! The Red cans such as listed my crews have had the spouts pop off when they have fallen over in the box of the truck. But never punctures with thousands of km's on rough FSR's rattling around in the back of crew trucks. My opinion is they are good fuel cans long as you remember to have them well secured where they can't take a hit to the spout area. Seams to be the weak point.

Kerensky97

Xterra101
You could throw the military cans off the roof of your house and they won't burst.
But who is throwing fuel cans off their house? Buy these ones and you can get 3 for the price of 1 of the "official" ones and it will still hold gas even if you accidentally drop it out of the bed of your truck.

OG, MilSpec Sceptor cans on the shelf at Sportsman's Warehouse in Yuma right across the border for us SoCal folks. You can get water and fuel off the shelf at a decent price on your way through.

WOODY2

Adventurer
OG, MilSpec Sceptor cans on the shelf at Sportsman's Warehouse in Yuma right across the border for us SoCal folks. You can get water and fuel off the shelf at a decent price on your way through.
The 20 liter water cans are $64 but at Lexington Container they are only $44 quite a savings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles