Scepter water can pump?

teotwaki

Excelsior!
The ghetto version of 4x4mike's
No tap needed
Purchase a brass hose bib with 1/2 npt threads
Just screw it into the opening on the cap (it will cut the threads)
Unscrew and wrap with thread tape and reinstall

LCI 5 gal jug $20
HD hose bib $5

You can lay it flat or on end
No shower but a cheap effective water source with little to go bad

How Sa-weet!!

FLYFISHEXPERT

LivingOverland.com
also, if i'm reading this correctly, it's a pump built into the faucet fixture - i'm assuming self priming for a few feet at least - would be a little simpler than a 2 part pump & faucet perhaps:

http://www.amazon.com/Water-Systems-Dual-Delta-Faucet/dp/B004JIER2Q/ref=sr_1_132

21jCDpz6lZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I had looked at these when I was working on my setup. I decided against it because of the size of the hole I would have to cut into the lid. The faucet I used fits inside the Reliance lid and all I had to do was drill a hole for the wires.

Sawyer

Adventurer
I might do a little write-up. My friend wants one after using it this past weekend. Until then, the head is a kitchen sink sprayer(was $5 at Loews) basically, I found the head, then found the hose, then I spent an hour in the fittings isles (both water and air)The hardest part to find was a piece to seal the head to the hose(it didn't come with anything) I found a piece that mates 2 hoses together, cut off one side and pressed it through the head threaded end all the way into the hose itself. Kind of hard to picture. Like I said, I will make another soon and detail it for you.

I used it for 1 shower and every meal for 2 days clean up, still had a gallon at least left. Defiantly shined for camp chores. 10 psi seams to be just fine.

Curious about this one. You say you used it for 1 shower and every meal for two days. Was that with the initial 10 psi or did you find yourself having to pressurizer it?

grimbo

Explorer
I just use a 20l square Jerry can. In the lid in the top I drilled a hole. Then grabbed an inner tube and cut the valve stem off plus enough surrounding rubber to fit inside the lid. Sealed it up with glue and silicon. Grabbed a bit of garden hose with a trigger spout and then just attach the air compressor to The valve stem and voila, pressurized water.

Kiel

here is a couple of mine I made yesterday. Made with a scepter flo and go gas transfer hand pump. I found a pvc trap adapter that fit the siphon nozzle well, drilled a whole in my spare cap. I'm in this 37 bucks total. The hand pump, lets out about a cup of water each squeeze, or if you hold it it will siphon out like in the last pic. The water tank just needs to be higher then the spout.

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
here is a couple of mine I made yesterday. Made with a scepter flo and go gas transfer hand pump. I found a pvc trap adapter that fit the siphon nozzle well, drilled a whole in my spare cap. I'm in this 37 bucks total. The hand pump, lets out about a cup of water each squeeze, or if you hold it it will siphon out like in the last pic. The water tank just needs to be higher then the spout.

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

That looks like a winner right there! What was the PVC adapter PN and where did you get it? Maybe even a picture of the top of the modified black MWC cap? That's exactly what I've been looking to do.

Kiel

found the tag for my adapter. Its a trap adapter w/washer and plastic nut. Its in the black pvc section of home depot # 1194212479

Kiel

Used it over an over nighter this last weekend. Its so nice to not need 2 people anymore plus the hose and nozzle make it so much nicer then the actual lid hard mounted ones

Ray_G

Explorer
Thanks for posting up the idea for the pump, my Discovery's rear cargo area was causing me fits trying to find clearance for a lid mounted pump...this solves that problem.

Look for a fynspray and scepter lid in the for sale forum soon!
r-
Ray

Imnosaint

Adventurer
Amazing ideas here.

Maybe I oversimplified it, but as Theksmith pointed out about using a sprayer, I picked up a heavy-duty, two-gallon garden sprayer at Lowe's, replaced the hose with food-grade tubing and stuck a nozzle from an old solar shower on the end.

Tsprayershower.jpg

Ten feet of hose, pressurized, gave us enough volume and pressure for a long shower (by camp standards) and for kitchen duty. Under $35.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles