Schutt Industries - Xventure Owners

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
I wanted to start a thread for those of us who own a Schutt Industries Xventure trailer.
There are a few individual threads, but I searched and felt a singular thread may help with questions and thoughts.

I own an 2017 XV-3 [number 002], purchased from 99 West Trailers in Oregon [not new to save some cash], and transferred to the east coast to Atlanta, GA.
Saving all the photos I have and will be uploading them along with manuals as needed.

Mine is the Deluxe model and includes the following on top of the standard and mid range model:
Electrical system - Odyssey battery, charger, Zamp solar controller, 1000w inverter, 12v outlets
Water system - 22 gallon tank, water pump, portable hot water heater
Rigid Lights- 4 rock lights, 2 bed lights, 4 rack lights
80/20 Rack with platform optional
Spare tire carrier optional

The photos are from 99West, so they may differ from it's current configuration.
I currently have the larger front box and upgraded XO jack seen in additional images.

Year 2017 Make SCHUTT INDUSTRIES Model XV-3 Type ADVENTURE Stock # 002 Size (W x L) 4 X 6 Height Frame ALUMINUM HUCK BOLT Color White

Axles DEXTER TORSION Wheels 16" STEEL [upgraded to 2016 TRD wheels and tires] Tires 225 [not any more!] Rear Type TAIL GATE GVWR (lbs) Weight (lbs) 800 Warranty 10 YEAR

Attachments

• IMG_6637-800x600.jpg
    IMG_6637-800x600.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_6638-800x600.jpg
    IMG_6638-800x600.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_6914-800x600.jpg
    IMG_6914-800x600.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_6916-800x600.jpg
    IMG_6916-800x600.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_6917-800x600.jpg
    IMG_6917-800x600.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:

nated

Looking forward to this! The xv3 with the big tongue box would check off a lot of needs for a trailer for me.
I wanted to start a thread for those of us who own a Schutt Industries Xventure trailer.
There are a few individual threads, but I searched and felt a singular thread may help with questions and thoughts.

I own an XV-3 [number 002], purchased from 99 West Trailers in Oregon, and transferred to the east coast to Atlanta, GA.
Saving all the photos I have and will be uploading them along with manuals as needed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
Looking forward to this! The xv3 with the big tongue box would check off a lot of needs for a trailer for me.

I have the larger box on the 2017 and it's fantastic, but they are redesigning it with some new features, hope to have more details soon from them.

nated

Interesting, I had submitted an enquiry about previous models of their xventure line and didn't get much info regarding anything new. They did mention moving to an ark brand hitch and some electrical changes.

I have the larger box on the 2017 and it's fantastic, but they are redesigning it with some new features, hope to have more details soon from them.

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
Interesting, I had submitted an enquiry about previous models of their xventure line and didn't get much info regarding anything new. They did mention moving to an ark brand hitch and some electrical changes.

All in who you talk to, it's all sold out of dealerships, which I've had some great encounters and some with no response.
I met and talked with Tim at Overland Expo east, while working, and did a very throughout inspection to see if it was worth my hard earned cash.

NOW, I have to sell my previous trailer we built, or my wife will leave me out in the woods.

Markimus58

I would post in the for sale section. Which model are you selling?

I have brand new XV-1's and XV-2's at cost. Either base models or build to suit. New James Baroud V1 Grand Raids for $3400. We have all XV accessories in stock as well it you want to build a custom unit. LMK 920-243-8706

TwinStick

Explorer
I am not an X-Venture owner but I have looked at these in depth & in person. Being a US Army veteran, I know what built well is & I can assure anyone who is interested in these, that they are, without a doubt, THE most Heavy Duty off-road trailer I have ever seen. I wanted one so bad, we even drove from Buffalo NY to Stewartsville NJ to look at them, at OK4WD. They were top notch people & answered all of my tedious questions. I failed miserably & just could not convince my better half to spend that much money & still be sleeping in a tent. My loss. I would not hesitate for a nano-second if you are thinking of one of these.

The tent height on the XV3 seems rather low, to where if you used a Foxwing it seems like you would have to duck to go under it. Is there any way to raise the tent on the XV3? Is the foxwing high enough so it doesn't hit you in the head?

EFreeman

If anyone is interested or knows someone. I have a 2015 XVenture XV2 for sale. I am located in El Paso, Texas. Price is $16,500
Gently used 3 to 4 times on short trips in the southwest region.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 300
  • Picture6.jpg
    Picture6.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 296
  • Picture5.jpg
    Picture5.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 287
  • Picture8.jpg
    Picture8.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 278
  • Picture9.jpg
    Picture9.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 277
  • XVenture Specs Image.png
    XVenture Specs Image.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 253

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
The tent height on the XV3 seems rather low, to where if you used a Foxwing it seems like you would have to duck to go under it. Is there any way to raise the tent on the XV3? Is the foxwing high enough so it doesn't hit you in the head?

My foxwing sits just above my head [not using the proper mount at the moment] and I am 5,6 with some space to spare.
If/when a telescoping rack is used, no issues.

I am upgrading to a proper. foxwing bracket with should allow for additional space.

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
I have brand new XV-1's and XV-2's at cost. Either base models or build to suit. New James Baroud V1 Grand Raids for $3400. We have all XV accessories in stock as well it you want to build a custom unit. LMK 920-243-8706

Good deal; I'm on the East coast and maybe I can bug you instead of Tim for misc parts. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior