Scratch Building a trailer... got a few questions

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Just ordered up my axle from

www.abctrailerparts.com

Randy is the owner and I am getting a 3500lb axle, 6x5.5 hubs, spring perches, springs, ubolt kit, shackles, hangers, lug nuts, and easy lube hubs, and all the hardware to make it work...

...custom fabbed to my spec's 55" wide (trackwidth) all for...

$132.99!

plus another 60 shipped to my door! WHOO HOO!:jump:

Here we go...

Rezarf <><

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
That's the same set-up that I used on my trailer. Wait until you go down to your Toyota dealer to buy the lug nuts...:confused:

Post pictures?

Sorry I am coming late to this post. I have designed and built a similar trailer for my FJ60 and now FZJ80. Water tank, pump, battery banks, charger, yada yada...

Mike

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Mike, lets see some pics of this thing man.

You are right up the road from me, I have seen your place on the way to Ft. Collins... at least I think I have.

I am in Louisville.

Drew

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
Drew

PM me with your e-mail, I'll send some info along. I have a few photos also.

Mike

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Sounds like your getting the ball rolling...

I used the exact same dimension axle... I paid ~$110 for the axle, but mine didn't inlclude the leaf springs as I had planned to use much longer ones than the ones they provide. We have some pretty big trailer supply places here in SLC, but I was amazed at the price difference between a couple of them. For the same axle I was quoted anywhere from $110 to $300... you know which one I went with :D

Pics... Pics... Pics...

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
dieselcruiserhead said:
Which one did you go with, Henderson's?

Yup, they have them in stock. Darrell might have one he's looking to sale too. It is a chunk of DOM with Cruiser spindles/hubs cleanly attached. Very heavy duty...

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Sweet Kurt-

I followed your build closely on mud and your site.

I am excited to get my hands dirty and get working on this thing.

Rezarf <><

offroadchef

Adventurer
Rezarf <>< said:
Dang man!

Now that is a trailer! Mine will be much more simple than that but wow, it looks like the first travel trailer I have ever seen on terrain like that.

Thanks for the link... is it german?

Rezarf <><

yes it is, do you have any questions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94