Searching for a Truck, need help.

Interceptor66

Hello dear all,
a good friend of my girlfriend is looking for an off-road truck that has enough space to carry a motorcycle or a quad.
Well let me explain it a bit further.

We have been looking for the Action Mobile but it seems to be more for the comfort oriented poeple.
So what we are really looking for is maybe more in this direction.

Unicat:

TerraCross 46 – light

or

TerraCross 49 – compact

or

TerraCross 52 – allround

We are no professionals and this area is very exclusive and diffucult to get into.

Me and my girlfriend live in germany but our friend lives in Kyrgyzstan so it is a very mountanious region.
He is not looking for a comfort model but rather a model that can take up the extensive abuse of rocky and muddy roads. There are rather little really good roads in Kyrgyzstan outside the cities.

Is there anyone who can give me advice in which direction we have to look for?
Maybe you know some other great forum I can try look for what we search.
What models do you think would fit that criteria? Do you know any other models besides action mobile and unicats.

As well we would love to get some offers by people who want to sell their used trucks.

I hope you could understand what we are looking for.

Thanks a lot to everyone who can give us some ideas.

Vitali.

High Water

Baja Bliss
You have come to the right forum to ask the very open question but be prepared for wide range of answers from different parts of the world. If you could narrow your truck requirements, you will get more precise and applicable answers, e.g. requirements of maximum total length and weight, length of cabin (living habitat), motos carried inside or outside, and of course budget is a big factor. Your question as it is could cover everything from a small Nissan pick-up to a 20 tonne LKW.

Since you are in Germany, a very good place to gather information, see many different approaches, talk to builders and users is the event Abenteuer & Allrad in Bad Kissingen, 15-18 June, www.abenteuer-allrad.de

Good luck!

Last edited:
It seems to me you have already described approximately what you are looking for: a 4.5-5.2m body on a 4x4 medium truck. Don't bother with US chassis, they all either have a hood (bonnet) and are therefore too long or else need to be converted to 4x4. Get either a MAN or MB based unit, Euro 3 if it is to be registered in Kyrgyzstan. Look on www.mobile.de, there are many used ones there.
Would your friend consider a Kamaz? If the vehicle is going to stay in the CIS area it is worth considering.
If the chassis is Euro 5 or 6 there will be problems running on high sulfur fuel, I would stay away from those unless you do an emissions delete. But then it is not licensable in Germany.
And stay away from engines with EGR (usually Euro 4 or newer).

Charlie

Interceptor66

at High Water

As described, it should be a medium sized truck 4x4 that as mentioned should fit some motorbikes. Or at least 2 quad bikes. Of course we could just buy a truck and then modify it by a specialized company. But which one?
I dont want to be too precise about the budget but it should be more than enough I think. Let say around 200k$. As we are in the early stage of looking for a truck I still have to contact him and talk about the exact wishes he has.

Thank you very much for the hint about the event.

Last edited:

Interceptor66

at charlieaarons

Thank you very much for the good ideas. I think he wouldnt mind a Kamaz but he would have mentioned it if he wanted one. So I think he wants somehting special in this case "europen" MAN is a good choice I would say.
I will look around on mobile.de let see what they have. Thanks a lot. I will write back when I have talked about the exact requirements.

It just came to my mind. It would be great of course if it had a hydraulic ramp.
Something like that. As I cannot post links.
Check this out on youtube watch?v=75782uJmxxw

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke