Seat swap

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I just got my 1997 discovery and the seats are shot. The po sent them with a set of manual seats from a 1995 that are in really nice shape. How evey the bases are vary diffrent has any one don't this swap?

Ray_G

Explorer
Nate-
Sadly the 94/95 model year Disco seats are very different as you are seeing first hand. Easiest thing to do is just sell those off and source a set of either 96-99 D1, or any NAS model year RRC seats. The benefit of the RRC seats is you get the arm rests and such akin to the seats in your LR3.

With enough fabrication anything can be made to fit of course, but from what I remember when I looked at it I waved off b/c it was going to be a royal PITA. Since then I've had cloth manual, RRC, and now power leather in Coyote.

If you can source RRC seats, get the rear one too, it's an upgrade over the Disco's 60/40 setup in my opinion.

Truck looks great!
r-
Ray

Exploder
I just completed my quest to find clean replacement seats for my '96. Be patient; it requires a good bit of looking.

Joel from Buckhorn Imports has/had a near-perfect set on ebay for $750 shipped. Museum-quality and not too bad when you consider two things: shipping is probably $200 or so on a pallet, and there aren't many out there.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I'll look. I think I can separate the slider to and maybe juts bolt them down. Will see and I'll let everyone know what I find.

LR Max

Local Oaf
The seats in my dad's 95 disco were shot. The leather was ripped and the bottom was blown out.

We took the truck to an upholstery shop and they fixed it. A LOT easier and cheaper than trying to find an elusive replacement seat. The repair looked pretty good. Then I scrubbed the crap out of it with Lexar and all was well. Or you could fix em up and slap a seat cover on it.

Ray_G

Explorer
There is also a set of cloth seats out of a 96 on Dweb right now for sale. (no affiliation)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94