Seattle Report

constructeur

Adventurer
My local has been like a yo-yo this year; low and clear, then flooding 3 days later...rarely is it 'in between' which is when I think it's the fishiest..

Here's a pic of me swinging one of my favorite runs:

P1010086.jpg

and a pic of my first fish (Dolly Varden) with my two handed rod that I was recently given:

P1010091.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality, the rain was driving, I was cold, and I just wanted to snap a quick pic of this fish and get it on its merry way.

I was sure the fish was a smaller hatchery steelhead that was freshly in the river when I saw it flash across the subdued green gray that the river is when on the rise or after a solid rain. Dolly's are definately a cool consolation prize, I know I'm not dissapointed with my catch.

constructeur

Adventurer
The fight was good!

All anadromous fish but Searun Cutthroats in this system are mandatory catch and release, so no fish dinner for me. Even if I was allowed to kill one I wouldn't as our populations are in the worst shape ever. Population growth, habitat destruction, and years of overharvest from commercials and natives haven't left us with much to catch in many rivers....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles