Securing 11lb LP tanks

PSea

Just wondering if anyone has found a less expensive mount for securing the smaller, 11lb propane tanks to their trailer. Looking for ideas.

PSea

EXACTLY what I was looking for! I believe my tank's diameter is 9“ (kings flame ysn011). Thanks!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

I have two mounted on front of my trailer. One on each side of the front hood that has the maxtracks mounted. The propane holders are brackets mounted to the trailer with a base plate built into the bracket. It then has a strap that tightens across the front of the bottle. All behind the black protection you see in the pic, that also have an open bottom. Hard to explain in words and didn’t have better pics on my phone.
e45c66515bcc5527a9bbe0f880030f00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSea

Nice install. Sweet trailer. Like the max tracks mounted in front. Protects from rocks a bit.

PSea

If anyone is looking for one of these, I found the mounts for much less.
Received them. Stout. But the rubber lining on the clamp comes off easier than id prefer. Going to use a little adhesive to address it. Happy with them otherwise.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I secure mine to my roof rack. Made a simple sheet metal base that attaches to the tank with 'J' bolts cut from 'U' bolts (used to tighten cable) and then the tank base to the rr. The bolts remain in the rr and the base is attached with wing nuts over flat washers and lock washers. Has remained very stable and secure over many rough roads and easy to remove to use on the stove or the campfire in a can. I had a unit similar to the one posted previously when an upright propane tank was on the trailer, also very secure.

Attachments

• DSC05316.JPG
    DSC05316.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • DSC05318.JPG
    DSC05318.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • DSC05321.JPG
    DSC05321.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 48

PSea

Nice setup.

I got the taller/narrower ones. Want them mounted inside a rear tool box I plan to add.

tae73

Observer
Received them. Stout. But the rubber lining on the clamp comes off easier than id prefer. Going to use a little adhesive to address it. Happy with them otherwise.
I will say that was about my only complaint with the rubber, once its around the tank no issue.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I also have a tall upright can that I made a horizontal mount for. I have had no issues carrying it on the side.

Attachments

• DSC05293.JPG
    DSC05293.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
  • DSC05294.JPG
    DSC05294.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • DSC05295.JPG
    DSC05295.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 35

Forum statistics

Threads