Selling my 98 Fuso FG

SolarCarl

I have a 98 Fuso FG five speed, hi/low range 4x4 with brand new single rim Toyo Mud Terrain tires and custom alloy wheels(Just spent $3700). Sitting on the chassis is a Supreme 12 foot box van body with rear roll up door and hardwood floor. The rig was built up for overlanding and comes with two spare off road tires and wheels.There are front and rear hitch receivers on beefed up bumpers to accept a cradle mounted winch.It has front and rear Bilstein shocks.
The interior has a compressor type 12v fridge, sink, stove, water tank, pump, heater, bed, solar panel, 2500 watt inverter/charger, deep cycle batteries and room inside to haul two dirt bikes.
This is one of the last years they made the truck with a low range transfer case and it has a 66:1 crawling ratio. I'm the second owner and in all the years I've owned it this has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. The turbo diesel starts with one key click even after sitting for months.It has 165K miles on it. As far as what work it needs: The interior can use a little TLC and the roof leaks so that needs to be repaired and it does need brakes( I have the shoes, just hadnt gotten around to installing them) The third and fourth gear syncros have some wear and I just shift it with a slight delay and its fine.
The vehicle is in Santa Cruz CA. I'm asking $19K obo for it. For more info and more pics see my Craigs List ad at https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/d/mitsubishi-fuso-fg-4x4-medium/6476607557.html.Fuso side.jpg

Last edited:

SolarCarl

I tried three different ways to upload some pics into my post and couldnt get it to work. Anyone mind telling me the trick to get that to work?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
There are numerous methods for including images in a post.
The method described below is how I uploaded the images in this reply.
Please note... each image must be smaller than 1.9Mb to use this method (from memory)

In the Quick Reply box, click on the Insert Image icon

Upload_Images_01.jpg

To upload a picture directly from your computer...
Click on the From Computer tab​
Click the Browse button and navigate to the location where the image is located on your computer and select it.​
Click on Upload File(s)

Upload_Images_02.jpg

You should see BBL Code in you post, similar to the below...

HTML:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433366.vB[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433367.vB[/ATTACH]

Repeat the above procedure to add multiple images.

Click on the Post Quick Reply button after you have added all the images you wish to post.

mmickey

There are numerous methods for including images in a post.
The method described below is how I uploaded the images in this reply.
Please note... each image must be smaller than 1.9Mb to use this method (from memory)

In the Quick Reply box, click on the Insert Image icon

View attachment 433366

To upload a picture directly from your computer...
Click on the From Computer tab​
Click the Browse button and navigate to the location where the image is located on your computer and select it.​
Click on Upload File(s)

View attachment 433367

You should see BBL Code in you post, similar to the below...

HTML:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433366[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433367[/ATTACH]

Repeat the above procedure to add multiple images.

Click on the Post Quick Reply button after you have added all the images you wish to post.

Hi: anyway you can send me pictures direct as attachments?
Mick
Msr.bury@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajahaMontana

I have a Mitsubishi fuso fg, where did you source your super single rims? Approx how much in cost. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Bris31

Adventurer
I have a Mitsubishi fuso fg, where did you source your super single rims? Approx how much in cost. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Rims seems to be just like mine - 16" alloy from Alan (in Melbourne, Aus) appx AU$500 each. Not sure where you can get in US but contact him and ask.
I have put 315/75R16 BFG tyres on those rims.

yabanja

Explorer
Nice~!

I absolutely love my truck of this generation. After traveling with nearly a dozen other fusos over the last few years of multiple generations mine has proven to be the most reliable, and seems to have similar power for freeway travel. Would buy this in a heartbeat if I didn't already have one!

Allan

kerry

Expedition Leader
When I had my 99FG at the dealer for service about a year ago he advised me never to sell it and replace it with a newer one as the 99 was more reliable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste