Selling our 1994 AWD Provan Tiger XL, good condition, low miles SOLD 5/24/19 $24,500

SOLD 5/24/19 for $24,500.00
As we transition to a family of 5 we're sadly forced to acknowledge the fact we have outgrown our beloved camper van "Hobbes". This is a great little AWD camper: well maintained and in excellent mechanical condition with low miles. Starts up quickly and runs beautifully. Needs nothing, ready for a trip to Alaska or Argentina tomorrow. A few minor cosmetic issues such as peeling decals and normal wear and tear for an RV of this vintage, otherwise everything works including stove, fridge, sink, furnace, flush toilet, shower. These rigs are rare, only a few thousand were made with the Astro. Especially rare to find in this good condition with low miles. Great value compared to other AWD/4x4 camper vans such as a new Tiger, Sprinter, Sportsmobile, etc. This has been a great reliable rig for us, we've taken it all over the western US and Canada, never had any breakdowns. It has been well loved but we just can't shoe-horn 3 kids and two adults into it. Perfect size for a single person, a couple or even a couple with up to 2 kids.

Features, specs and upgrades:

*72,842 miles
*All Wheel Drive
*Chevy 6 cylinder engine in great condition, starts quick every time and drives perfectly
*15-17 mpg
*Brand new 29" Pathfinder Sport LT tires with full size spare (best tires for this rig: extra thick truck rated sidewalls to handle the extra weight of the vehicle as well as rugged 4x4 roads)
*New Bilstein shocks with Overland Vans 2" lift kit, custom-built heavy duty leaf spring pack, hangers, torsion bars, lift keys professionally installed by Boulder Offroad in 2017, less than 2,000 miles since installation (This is a critical upgrade for these rigs. VERY nice suspension setup providing much better than stock handling, additional clearance for backcountry travel on rough roads and adequate weight capacity to carry plenty of passengers and gear. Small amount of wheel rub in some instances but overall great setup)
*New alternator, brake pads and windshield wiper motor installed 2018
*Kenwood sound system with surround sound and 8" subwoofer that bumps (new in 2016)
*1 double bed above cab, rear bench seat converts to additional bed, sleeps 4 (intimately)
*2 burner Wedgewood gas stove
* double stainless steel sink
*4 gallon hot water heater
*Atwood hydro flame furnace controlled by a thermostat to automatically come on, heats the van very well even on freezing nights
*Plumbing is internal within insulated cabin to prevent pipes freezing when winter camping (set furnace to 50 degrees min.)
*16' length makes this camper the most compact and maneuverable Class C RV ever made, easy to drive, easy to park (fits in regular parking spaces), shorter than most SUVs or pickup trucks
*Spacious, well-designed interior layout for a camper van with 5'11" tall ceiling
*22 gallon freshwater tank
*Propane tank powers furnace, water heater, stove, and fridge (3-way fridge)
*Dometic 3-way 3.0 cubic foot fridge and freezer (3 options: propane from onboard tank, DC from onboard auxiliary battery, AC from a wall outlet via retractable extension chord/ shore power, works extremely well, even makes ice!)
*Thetford Flush toilet and water closet/shower with 11 gal. grey water tank, 5 gal. black water tank (shower head hose is long enough to pass through the side window and shower outside which is nice!)
*20' 30 amp power chord for "shore power" (plug in at RV park or any wall outlet)
*ARB 8' Awning (installed 2016, like new condition)
*Rocket box roof box for storing gear (a little banged-up but works fine)
*2 vertical bike rack trays mounted to rear end, large enough to accommodate 3" mt. bike tires
*Trailer Hitch
*Oversized 25 gal. gas tank for less refueling on long road trips (350-400 miles on a tank)
*Plush and comfy custom-upholstered captains chairs (passenger side swivels 180 degrees)
*2 skylights that open for ventilation, additional ceiling vent in bathroom
*High quality AGM auxiliary battery
*Brackets added to latch in 2 carseats for kids
*Entire lighting system converted to LEDs, leave the lights on all night with no worries
*Ample storage, lots of cabinets and even a small closet to hang clothes
*Comes with 2 original tables: small round and larger dining table
*Includes original manual
*Clear title no accidents
*Little to no rust, this van lives in CO, garage stored most of it's life between trips
*No leaks
*Oil changed every 3,000 miles, Air filters etc. replaced regularly by mechanic
*Recently inspected by professional local mechanic, great mechanical condition
*Tiger mom and cub spare tire cover
*Pick up in Boulder, CO or we will consider delivering within CO

This will be auctioned off on Ebay motors, listing goes live 5/14/19 at 4pm US Mountain Standard Time:

Attachments

• P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,271
  • P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,619
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3,355
  • P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,420
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3,695
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,718
  • P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6,362
  • P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,567
  • P1010016.jpg
    P1010016.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,428
  • P1010015.jpg
    P1010015.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,356
Last edited:

OverlandNA

Valid for sale posts by forum members:
  1. Must be expedition related, or equipment used in support of an expedition or adventure (for example, the advertising on land for sale would not be appropriate, but a kayak would be; firearms, ammunition or weapons are not permitted)
  2. Must include the physical location of the item, for example: Casa Grande, Arizona, USA
  3. Must include a complete description of the item, including the asking price
  4. Must include any known defects or concerns on the items (this is a critical point, as you are selling an item to someone who will likely use it in a remote location, and their safety may depend on it)
  5. Negotiations and personal information should be exchanged via email or PM, not in the thread
  6. Please clearly mark the thread as "SOLD" in the title and/or the first post once the item(s) have sold
  7. Want to Buy (aka WTB) ads are also acceptable

Timcampsallover

Tree top flyer
Hank, I think your rig may be great for getting out there and exploring. As a base camp or dirt/backroads rig. My AWD Astro Van was one f the best vehicles our family ever had. The Tigers are a widely accepted capable unit on any base vehicle. It’s a cool rig. Thanks for sharing it here. I’m just a forum member but I’m thinking if you edit your post to add the price you should be fine? A lot of members give other members a chance to buy stuff here for a few weeks before they auction it off on eBay or BAT. Anyway it looks like a great awd american made small camper and makes me nostalgic for my Astro van. Lol.

Thanks Tim, I have updated the original post to include the starting bid price of $12,000. Hopefully that's okay! Unfortunately the eBay listing is already live so too late to offer it up to the community before going that route. I will definitely make a new post if the eBay thing doesn't work out. I was thinking the auction method would be the best way to sell but this is my first time using that platform so we'll see how it goes. We're really bummed to have to sell Hobbes, it has been a great rig. No major mechanical issues whatsoever and we drove that thing everywhere and lived out of it for awhile. The biggest issue we ever had was an alternator and Hobbes was kind enough to give us warning so we could limp to an auto parts store before the alternator crapped all the way out. I love that the Astro shares a lot of parts with the S-10 pickup so they're widely available and cheap. The alternator was $50. The lift kit is essential; when we got it the springs were so saggy it was bottoming out on speed bumps, handled very sketchy at high speeds and had passenger tires which weren't rated for the weight so the sidewalls were really bulging. Now with the Overland Vans lift kit on it and 29" LT tires the handling is awesome and it does surprisingly well even on fairly challenging roads. It's fun to meet people on rugged roads rallying in a funny little camper van where mostly only Jeeps go. However just too small for my wife and I plus 3 kids. I've seen bigger families living in smaller vehicles, but just wasn't working for us. Not sure what we'll get next as I really don't like large vehicles and most AWD/4X4 camper vans are so expensive. We're back to tent camping for the time being.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz