"Serenity" - My M101A2 expedition trailer build

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
Thanks - engineering the water system is proving to be... Challenging.

trying to decide if I want a truly built-in design or something in a removable "module." We'll see.

I may very well be living out of it after Monday when the hurricane hits.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Thanks - engineering the water system is proving to be... Challenging.

trying to decide if I want a truly built-in design or something in a removable "module." We'll see.

I may very well be living out of it after Monday when the hurricane hits.

I used a bunch of air quick disconnects....depending on far you need to reach, I just used dishwasher stainless steel hose (5'-6') to go under the trailer, pick it all up, drain it out when I'm done.

You're a man after my own heart with the tent/awning look...love this build

sgthawk

Adventurer
Your build is an inspiration of where I want to take my build. Keep up the great work and pictures coming.

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
I used a bunch of air quick disconnects....depending on far you need to reach, I just used dishwasher stainless steel hose (5'-6') to go under the trailer, pick it all up, drain it out when I'm done.

You're a man after my own heart with the tent/awning look...love this build
High praise, coming from you - thanks!

My intention is to build a true 4 season system that will tolerate temps far below freezing. Running unheated/uninsulated lines won't be an option...

I like the QD idea; saw a YT video where someone did just that.

Ammo

Nic looking set up - have one of these trailers myself so its nice to see one already done up. quick question though, and forgive me if I missed it - in some photos the side of your trailer appears smooth and others it seems normal showing the ribs. what am I seeing there?

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
Nic looking set up - have one of these trailers myself so its nice to see one already done up. quick question though, and forgive me if I missed it - in some photos the side of your trailer appears smooth and others it seems normal showing the ribs. what am I seeing there?
Sorry about the delay - the site server still isn't telling me when people post.

I'd insulated the sides with blueboard and poly boards. It worked, but it trapped water inside it, so it had to go.

I regret to inform that I've not made any further progress on it - budget, life, and a work-related injury have kept me grounded and essentially on house arrest.

We're heartbroken that we couldn't make it to Ouray this year. We hope to get out there next year, and, eventually, retire there.

Still going to build the water system - time & $ willing.

emillika

Observer
Great build and idea! I had a KnapKap on my last 3500HD Dmax...

Mind me asking what body style\year that Knapheide came from? I am potentially interested in taking the same route!

Thanks.

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
Not sure what year - there's an image of the data plate from the topper earlier in this thread.

IIRC, it came from a long bed F250.

parapyropig

Gorilla Wrangler
I ordered the wrong sizes & sent them back. Mixed up the lengths & widths. Derp.

I've since rethought the idea, seeing as though the trailerside of the rooms would not be perpendicular to the ground.

familyof7

I love the idea, I have been toying with the concept myself. But I am worried it may be heavy for my needs, I have a JK so very limited on towing capacity. Do you know what the curb weight comes in at?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles