Seven Days in May

pwc

Explorer
that's some really great writing. I'm heading down there in t-7 days and sent the WRT section to my wife to pique her interest in the trip. I hope we have nearly a grand time as you did.
thanks for sharing!

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
awesome trip, Were these pics taken near moab? any possiblitiy of their being a map for this area? I hope to take some time outside of Colorado when I head west from South Carolina next wensday to hitup UT as well.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Wow, it's always nice to see this thread pop back up and to read the wonderful comments everyone has shared. It was my favorite trip last year with two great friends. To me, it's what this community should be all about.

I'm really looking forward to returning to Utah and the Maze District in Canyonlands NP this June with my son and some other great folks from ExPo. If you're interested, we still have a couple of spots open for a Father's Day Weekend trip with the kids.

Regarding maps, here's a link to the official NPS Canyonlands page with several maps of the area in pdf format.

Almost all of the photos in this thread were taken in Arches NP & Canyonlands NP, which certain parts of are just a few miles from the town of Moab. Basically we did a counter-clockwise route, starting in Arches NP, then heading west to the Maze, south to Dark Canyon, north up to the Needles District and further north up to the Island in the Sky. Hard to believe it's been almost a year....

pwc, I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip. I did notice on that link above it mentions the Shafer Trail is closed due to snow and ice. No idea how current that is though....?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles